Hacking AKAIO Acekard 2.1, loading GBA folder freezes DS?

guy121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my 3-in-1 inserted in my nds and when trying to view the GBA games folder it freezes. The clock still works, but I can't do anything else. When loading regular nds games the little slot symbol will blink. When loading the GBA games folder it blinks for a second then freezes. I have no idea what the problem is. Is this how you are supposed to load GBA games? Or do you have to use another program like with the R4DS?

There are about 80 games or so in the folder.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
try loading a folder with just 1 game in it. in akaio you can set the 3-in-1 options via the start menu. defult (i think) is to write to psram for every load unless the file is to large. also to help debug try gba exploader v.57.

my assumptions right now is that you have too many files in 1 folder. i'm also assuming you are using an sdhc card? akaio sdhc support is better but from what i've read not bug free. neither smiths or norm own an sdhc card so adding support has been all trial and error.

post back when you have done more testing.

-another world

guy121

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that is odd, seems like the acekard had corrupted my GBA folder on my sdhc card. I'll have to wait till I get home (next week) before I can test out the GBA function. I was about to just toss a few different GBA folders with a varying amount of GBA roms to see if I could find out the exact # where it fails. Wouldn't be too hard if someone else wants to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today