AKAIO 1.9.0 + New Loaders

Smiths Jul 5, 2012.

1. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I'm pretty sure AKAIO is a firmware.

EDIT: nevermind I'm probably mixing the 2 together.

2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Akaio is the kernel but is referred to as firmware.

1 person likes this.
  3. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I always thought the kernel was the loader needed to bypass AP. I guess not. Thanks for the correction.

4. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    I fixed it to make it more clear. I liked your post though :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Succubus™ Waifu material

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Hiding from Area 51 guards
    People have mistakenly referred to kernels as firmwares and firmwares as kernels. Even I have mixed them up here and there.
    But to clear this up a bit.
    Firmware is part of the flashcard, more or less known as the bootloader. It is the software used in order to boot into the flashcard to allow it to function on the system. If you would like to know more about how this works, check out this thread.
    Kernel is the rom loader(s) used by the flashcard to run roms, homebrews, ect. It's more or less the operating system of the flashcard.

6. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    the bootloader has nothing to do with what version akaio your using

7. MarcSchiffres

MarcSchiffres Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2012
    I discovered an odd problem with the codes on Black 2 (J) (no idea if the same applies to White 2):
    When using the code to view a Pokemon's EV's and IV's, the EV's are a little inaccurate. All Special Attack points are displayed under Special Defense, and all Speed points are displayed under both Speed and Special Attack, leaving all Effort Points obtained in Special Defense unviewable, which is kind of annoying for anyone who wants to EV train.

Another slight anomaly about the same code concerns the method of viewing the Individual and Effort Values. Using the code for the same purpose on Black (original), you could view the stats, press L to view IV's, press R to view EV's, and press Start to view actual stats. In Black 2, you have to hold the respective button while changing screens to the stat page to view the values. I understand that this may not be adjustable, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

All in all, the only real problem here is the first one, the second is just an unimportant anomaly.

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Sounds like an issue with the codes, not AKAIO. AKAIO just uses a publicly-available cheat database, not all the cheats in it work correctly for various reasons.

9. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    Wait so is it confirmed that the Mario and Luigi Bowser Inside Story problem is fixed?

When the battle between bowser and his castle, when we finish the battle, all the exp and etc, it freezes..is it patched?

10. pimpmuffin07

pimpmuffin07 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2011
    United States
    I just downloaded 1.9.0 and I can't play Pokemon Conquest. I've tried both a patched ROM and a clean ROM with the Game Enabler cheat, and both times I get FAT Error. HELP! :(

11. Aeter

Aeter A walking contradiction

Apr 1, 2009
    Netherlands
    The lands of nether
    Try removing excess FAT by jogging for an hour. Repeat daily and the error will go away.[/sarcasm]

Try to download the clean rom from a different source or check if this happens with other cheats as well.
    In the 2nd case you might want to try a different cheat file.

12. kongsnutz

kongsnutz QuickTimeEvent

Jul 19, 2008
    Says "Mite not be genuine acecard" is there a way around this?

13. Westside

Westside Sogdiana

Dec 18, 2004
    Uzbekistan
    Guantanamo bay
    lol punny... I heard that using the Panasonic format tool will help make the SD card better, but it does sound like an SD card problem... what class/brand are you using?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted