??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
If normmatt hates lazy teams then why does he develop for the A.K?
A.K team do nothing apart from release bootstrappers. They abandoned their own OS ages a ago and dont give anything to N & S.

that's what he said when 1.5 was cracked, he hates clones if his firmware was used than it just make lazy team more lazy
I guess ak was an exception because it wasn't a clone..who knows

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
ThePowerOutage said:
A.K team do nothing apart from release bootstrappers. They abandoned their own OS ages a ago
They stopped releasing game updates for the native OS because AKAIO's already doing it, they still release updates when needed (such as the "bad batch" issue).

If you're suggesting they double effort for no gain, please go back to preschool and learn some basics of life.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
I've always thought normmatt hated clones
especially lazy clone team..
the R4 ultra only release updates once a year, so that's just about as lazy as it gets..
maybe he had a change of heart.

funny that all those clones I have laying around are actually gonna be worth keeping.

Perhaps the AK team made AKAIO on R4 Ultra more...lucrative for Normmatt. Just a possibility.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
TehSkull said:
Perhaps the AK team made AKAIO on R4 Ultra more...lucrative for Normmatt. Just a possibility.

Sure. But that doesn't really need to be discussed. That's not really important for us.

The question is: Will R4 Ultra get further support through Akaio? Or is that a secret?

Some people will go and buy R4 Ultra linkers now. I just ordered one. -- I think it might be funny to replace the AK2i with R4i Ultra.

Nobody really likes the AK2i. It's ugly. And expensive. Maybe the R4i Ultra is going to have more sex appeal.
tpi.gif

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
1.18 will be the last Wood firmware. The project will be merged with AKAIO after this and AKAIO will now support the R4, R4i Gold, and R4i DSN. Wood will then be renamed to AKRPG v1.0 and released only for the RPG by YWG. Normmatt will continue the AKAIO releases with the help of YWG.

-another world
Unless I missed something.

But I am assuming I missed something.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Another World said:
1.18 will be the last Wood firmware. The project will be merged with AKAIO after this and AKAIO will now support the R4, R4i Gold, and R4i DSN. Wood will then be renamed to AKRPG v1.0 and released only for the RPG by YWG. Normmatt will continue the AKAIO releases with the help of YWG.

-another world
I'm a little slow on news then. Sorry about that.

This may or may not be beneficial for R4 users, Wood R4 updates were frequent while AKAIO updates have months in between. With YWG on the team officially the updates may come out faster as the new AKAIO will be his product too for his R4 consumers but Normmatt will probably have the final say on releases. If Normmatt follows his pattern with last couple AKAIO releases, it may be a month or so before the R4 gets a release. On the other hand, only Acekards have AAP so maybe new firmwares will come faster because the R4 can't do AAP? Who knows.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Another World said:

-another world
I'm a little slow on news then. Sorry about that.

The more you know.

But R4Ultra wasn't in that post so why is it all of a sudden getting support?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
there is all this speculation when all one needs to do is join #acekard and ask normmatt why he supported it and if he has to continue to support it.

-another world
There is no point in joining #acekard and asking normmatt why he supported it and if he has to continue to support it because there is all this speculation which makes everything more fun xD. (asking actually never occurred to me as a useful option...)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
yea speculation is fun. its how things like the wood/akaio merge get blown out of proportion to the point that users still quote it as fact.

-another world
Seeing as you're kind of the person who relays all of the firmware news for homebrew and flashcart firmwares, and usually speak on behalf of YWG, of course they were going to trust you.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just to be rather clear... The r4ultra version of akaio 1.8.1 will also have AP bypass? Someone asked me so I just wanna know.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami357 said:
Just to be rather clear... The r4ultra version of akaio 1.8.1 will also have AP bypass? Someone asked me so I just wanna know.
I would assume so... A flashy OS is nice and all but is almost useless without features that can improve the device/cart/anything it runs on...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Shinigami357 said:

My R4i Ultra is just on it's way... I'm happy to replace my boring AK2i with the R4i Ultra!

I'll tell you as soon as it arrives. But actually people are playing Golden Sun now with R4i Ultra, so the answer should be: Yes.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Shinigami357 said:

My R4i Ultra is just on it's way... I'm happy to replace my boring AK2i with the R4i Ultra!

I'll tell you as soon as it arrives. But actually people are playing Golden Sun now with R4i Ultra, so the answer should be: Yes.

Why would you replace a perfectly working ak2i with an r4i ultra?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM