Hacking AKAIO 1.7.1 is out but..

Scyris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems the fix in AKAIO 1.7.1 for DQ 9, doesn't fully work, still locks on blackscreens at times, using bahamut release.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scyris said:
Seems the fix in AKAIO 1.7.1 for DQ 9, doesn't fully work, still locks on blackscreens at times, using bahamut release.

WOW seriously..damn and I just downloaded it now..so it doesnt work then..mind as well not install it then..but the xenom version runs fine right

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Scyris said:

WOW seriously..damn and I just downloaded it now..so it doesnt work then..mind as well not install it then..but the xenom version runs fine right

Try it out on yours before you delete it.

Scyris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah was near the beginning trying to go down to the Protectorate and the nds just locked. After the very first fight with AKAIO 1.7.1 when the screen went black it also locked there. Gonna have to use Xenom release for now. I found one without the cracktro, but sadly it lacks cheat support due to the cracktro, why the hell these release groups have to add that crap is beyond me. I was using the fast message speed, so I don't have to get annoyed by the stupid beep for every letter.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scyris said:
Yeah was near the beginning trying to go down to the Protectorate and the nds just locked. After the very first fight with AKAIO 1.7.1 when the screen went black it also locked there. Gonna have to use Xenom release for now. I found one without the cracktro, but sadly it lacks cheat support due to the cracktro, why the hell these release groups have to add that crap is beyond me. I was using the fast message speed, so I don't have to get annoyed by the stupid beep for every letter.

What are you complaining about? They give you free games, relax, it's just a couple of seconds of the intro.
Try re-installing a fresh copy.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scyris said:
lolwut? And if you want cheats, just modify your cheat file to include your version's Game ID. It's really simple, and there should be at least a few threads here explaining it (even more on the cheat forum, I'd have to imagine). And if the intro is really bothering you, there are plenty of ways to remove it (even though the DQIX one was quite awesome, and now that I'm using the clean ROM I'm missing it).

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if there if the game freezes around the time you get to the second city and, if so, where? I want to check this out for myself but already a few hours into the game.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I am kinda nervous to install put in akaio 1.7.1 because on their board someone posted this..

Description of problem: White screen after setting my options and trying to save
Steps to reproduce: Use a fresh copy of Akaio v1.7.1

so its not just the game that has issues but the entire program..the last thing I want to see is a white screen when I turn my DSI XL on..or am I not reading into his issue right

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Yeah I am kinda nervous to install put in akaio 1.7.1 because on their board someone posted this..

Description of problem: White screen after setting my options and trying to save

so its not just the game that has issues but the entire program..the last thing I want to see is a white screen when I turn my DSI XL on..or am I not reading into his issue right
It happened to me once. I restarted my XL and the settings were saved and everything worked fine. If you are that worried about your stuff, make a backup.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Dunno if its just him, but it works fine for me (though maybe its a specific setting...the new setting they added works fine though xD)

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Lakerfanalways said:

It happened to me once. I restarted my XL and the settings were saved and everything worked fine. If you are that worried about your stuff, make a backup.

I dont do any specific setting..I just keep the default setting and I always back up my stuff just in case..will try it and see if it works..and if it doesnt I could always go back to 1.7 but the Dragon Quest game, someone said that it does not work..I have the xenom version I am still at the beginning of the game so maybe I can try the bahamut version and see if it works or it freezes

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Bitbyte said:
Quote from Normmatt:

"EDIT: Re-uploaded with a proper fix for DQIX so for those wanting to play this game either re-download or simply update the loaders with those on http://akaio.net/loaders"

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=557

thanks so much..I just redownloaded the AKAIO 1.7.1 from his web site and the loaders too..should I put in both or just put in the new akaio?
If you had AKAIO 1.7.1, all you need is the new loader.
The new version of AKAIO 1.7.1 is the same as the old one, but includes the updated loader.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Bitbyte said:
Quote from Normmatt:

"EDIT: Re-uploaded with a proper fix for DQIX so for those wanting to play this game either re-download or simply update the loaders with those on http://akaio.net/loaders"

http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=557

thanks so much..I just redownloaded the AKAIO 1.7.1 from his web site and the loaders too..should I put in both or just put in the new akaio?
If you had AKAIO 1.7.1, all you need is the new loader.
The new version of AKAIO 1.7.1 is the same as the old one, but includes the updated loader.

Everything works..so far the game works too but I am only at the beginning so I dont know where it supposedly crashes

tenja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Works for me as well(clean rom)......but i've played quite some time on Hex edited DQ9. Also,it seems the slowdown is still there.....probably a retail card problem.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenja said:
Works for me as well(clean rom)......but i've played quite some time on Hex edited DQ9. Also,it seems the slowdown is still there.....probably a retail card problem.

So far so good the game is working fine..had my first save..been following a walkthrough on youtube which helps a lot..I dont know when this supposed crash or freezing is supposed to happen but so far its not happening

Artrigis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya, have a question about the new akaio 1.7.1

I just downloaded the akaio 1.7.1 posted on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Does this have everything up to date, including the newest loaders and the Wi-fi plugin cheat database and the savelist.bin?
Or will I still need to download the loaders all of those things myself and install them manually?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM