6x9=42
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I could find info about this anywhere I wouldn't have bothered with yet *another* 1.5 topic.

What the hell happened to how akaio handles the text files?

Akaio 1.4.1: It opens quickly and can be switched between book and normal reading style.

Akaio 1.5: Chokes on text files in the "parsing text" longer than a few paragraphs and opens them in a funky window in the bottom screen. Turning from "plugin" to "internal" in the global.ini just makes it choke more.

I use my DS and AK2 with Akaio to read E-Books in .txt format but with 1.5 it freezes, chokes and dies trying to even open the ebooks and the occasional file it CAN open takes forever to open, scrolls extremely slowly and often freezes up.

Is there any way to change the txt file handling back to the akaio 1.4.1 style without losing everything else 1.5 does? Because it's really pissing me off. I tried switching back to 1.4.1 but that causes problems with some of the games.

Why the hell was this changed to something like that?

Everything else is lovely with maybe a few minor kinks that any newly released software might have but I've lost access to me library of e-books this is what I read them on.
hate2.gif

drobb

Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i recall reading somewhere, plugins were actually dropped from 1.5 so that *may* be the reason. dunno.

edit: this comes from the change log for 1.5
QUOTE said:
+ Removed outdated plugin system.

again dont know if thats the reason or not

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
If I could find info about this anywhere I wouldn't have bothered with yet *another* 1.5 topic.

What the hell happened to how akaio handles the text files?

Akaio 1.4.1: It opens quickly and can be switched between book and normal reading style.

Akaio 1.5: Chokes on text files in the "parsing text" longer than a few paragraphs and opens them in a funky window in the bottom screen. Turning from "plugin" to "internal" in the global.ini just makes it choke more.

I use my DS and AK2 with Akaio to read E-Books in .txt format but with 1.5 it freezes, chokes and dies trying to even open the ebooks and the occasional file it CAN open takes forever to open, scrolls extremely slowly and often freezes up.

Is there any way to change the txt file handling back to the akaio 1.4.1 style without losing everything else 1.5 does? Because it's really pissing me off. I tried switching back to 1.4.1 but that causes problems with some of the games.

Why the hell was this changed to something like that?

Everything else is lovely with maybe a few minor kinks that any newly released software might have but I've lost access to me library of e-books this is what I read them on.
hate2.gif
I'm not definitely sure if the internal text reading was taken out or not. But just use moonshell for the text reading for now.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
internal is just because scrollbox is used for cheat updates and i said "why not" and put it in for .TXT. it is not meant to be used as a TXT viewer. AKAIO is not a PDA program.

text viewer plugin is gone. bliss never released source, we said "screw it"

use moonshell or dsorganize.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: