Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Normmatt said:
2) fix the problem with the ak2i only working if the dsi firmware language is set to english. -- i have no idea what this one is about. i know norm and smiths are using the ak2i on the japanese dsi which does not have an english language setting. unless people are talking about the ability to run roms in their native language when they are booted on a dsi that is not in their native language. narin made some cheats for this, cheats that support roms that have multiple languages available.

2. The DSi must use a different whitelist depending on the selected language the AK2i and most other flashcarts use an english language rom header and thus probably wont work on any other region other than japan and english.

That's a very bad news :'(
For the brightness; i was almost sure it was not easy; but for the language; i was hoping a fix was doable
smile.gif

thanks for the good job; waiting for 1.5 anyway ^^

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bilbotorm said:
Normmatt said:
2) fix the problem with the ak2i only working if the dsi firmware language is set to english. -- i have no idea what this one is about. i know norm and smiths are using the ak2i on the japanese dsi which does not have an english language setting. unless people are talking about the ability to run roms in their native language when they are booted on a dsi that is not in their native language. narin made some cheats for this, cheats that support roms that have multiple languages available.

2. The DSi must use a different whitelist depending on the selected language the AK2i and most other flashcarts use an english language rom header and thus probably wont work on any other region other than japan and english.

That's a very bad news :'(
For the brightness; i was almost sure it was not easy; but for the language; i was hoping a fix was doable
smile.gif

thanks for the good job; waiting for 1.5 anyway ^^

the ez5i works very well, no matter which language is set.

to the brightness problem: its not that you cant choose the 5th level of brightness, you cant adjust brightness at all.

Ethanfel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
g.crow said:
the ez5i works very well, no matter which language is set.

to the brightness problem: its not that you cant choose the 5th level of brightness, you cant adjust brightness at all.

Push Select + Sound Vol Up/down, and you can, YES YOU CAN !

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
skawo96 said:
Having problems with the latest AKAIO loader. No homebrew starts.

hes right. some homebrew starts but fails to work (jenesisds). everything else just black screens. i updated both manually and over wifi. i wanted to test both methods to make sure it wasn't an error with the unresponsive gbatemp server.

-another world

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
Normmatt said:
6. Who uses .ds.gba roms anymore? those were made for the ancient gba flashcarts for use with passme's.
1 word - dsheretic! =P
I remember fixing a bug specific to dsheretic.ds.gba when making gbaldr's ds.gba launcher, gbaldr should be able to start it from 3in1 just fine. If I remember right from looking at the code comments it was a matter of either not resetting some mcr/system registers or leaving DTCM alone, if there is any interest that goes beyond just using gbaldr to start dsheretic it wouldn't be very hard to re-wrap that loader into a tiny standalone .nds file.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
cory1492 said:
Another World said:
Normmatt said:
6. Who uses .ds.gba roms anymore? those were made for the ancient gba flashcarts for use with passme's.
1 word - dsheretic! =P
I remember fixing a bug specific to dsheretic.ds.gba when making gbaldr's ds.gba launcher, gbaldr should be able to start it from 3in1 just fine. If I remember right from looking at the code comments it was a matter of either not resetting some mcr/system registers or leaving DTCM alone, if there is any interest that goes beyond just using gbaldr to start dsheretic it wouldn't be very hard to re-wrap that loader into a tiny standalone .nds file.

Seeing as your more familiar with the 3in1 than I am I thought I'd shoot a question your way. Have you noticed that when the 3in1 is inserted NDS and GBA games for that matter cannot go into sleep? I know there were fixes for the GBA games but I haven't seen any fixes for NDS sleep with the 3in1 inserted. It'd be nice if there was an easy way to fix this, I haven't worked out why the 3in1 is breaking it but I suspect its the same problem that plagued the GBA sleep mode random interrupts from the 3in1 that wake the ds out of sleep mode for a second then goes back to sleep.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
thanks for the info cory. i gave your new update a front page post. i hope thats alright with you.

cheers,
-another world
It's fine, and thanks (when I saw the line in RSS I thought - what someone's stepping up to try take Rudolphs' place?) The update itself is only an overwrite for the original binary to add new hardware - it's much less 'complete' than exploader as it's pretty much strictly for NOR *.gba loading and relies on an external program (ez4client,3in1tool,gbata) to do the GBA patches.

QUOTE(Normmatt @ Apr 6 2009, 04:55 PM) Seeing as your more familiar with the 3in1 than I am I thought I'd shoot a question your way. Have you noticed that when the 3in1 is inserted NDS and GBA games for that matter cannot go into sleep? I know there were fixes for the GBA games but I haven't seen any fixes for NDS sleep with the 3in1 inserted. It'd be nice if there was an easy way to fix this, I haven't worked out why the 3in1 is breaking it but I suspect its the same problem that plagued the GBA sleep mode random interrupts from the 3in1 that wake the ds out of sleep mode for a second then goes back to sleep.
I've heard and seen of the nds browser issue with sleep, I figured the DS is cutting power to the GBA slot meaning among other things that the actel in the 3in1 would get underpowered and do erratic things - also the possibility that there are missing/bad patches on the loader side as I've seen sleep=hard reset corrected before with loader updates for other games.

As to any other DS sleep problems, I've not noticed them when the 3in1 is passive (no rumble/ram) and I do have that 3in1 in nearly all the time along with the AK2 AKAIO. Then again my lite's power switch is a little fragged as well, it has a nasty habit of turning itself on and killing the battery on days when I thought/wanted it to be charged, so it's possible I've seen it and put it off to that switch. Can you give me a more precise/repeatable situation? I'll pull apart my non-lite and set up some tests with my DMM to see whats what on the hardware side of it. Also - I've never looked for the actual code that does it, but what about card interrupts like what happens to cause a halt in the DS menu on insertions - is that also found in a retail arm7? Could it be patched to be ignored if so?

BTW: Did gelu quit on his AK 3in1 version? (edit:/ actually, as far as I can tell pretty much all of the RPG repositories are MIA)

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Advance Wars 1 flashes the screen on and off and makes a popping noise when attempting to enter sleep mode but works fine if you take it out of sleep mode. I've not tracked down the NDS browser crash yet but I'm assuming its related.

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
Advance Wars 1 flashes the screen on and off and makes a popping noise when attempting to enter sleep mode but works fine if you take it out of sleep mode.
Same goes to Megaman Battle Network 5 DS(U and J), I haven't tested European but I think it is as well

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And they both sleep fine when 3in1 isn't in the mix? Odd... and thanks
smile.gif

edit:/
Normatt: that is indeed bloody odd, if I pull out the 3in1 and put it back the problem no longer occurs - even more odd is it does it with an EZV as well. What interrupts/callbacks are watched when DS is in sleep mode? To add to that, it does it with EZ4dlx as well.

Anyone know if those two titles (advance wars 1 and Megaman Battle net 5 DS) have GBA accessors/dongle/unlocks? (aka: things that unlock when you have one of the GBA titles inserted) I do beleive AWDS does have that feature.

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Akothegreat said:
Normmatt said:
Advance Wars 1 flashes the screen on and off and makes a popping noise when attempting to enter sleep mode but works fine if you take it out of sleep mode.
Same goes to Megaman Battle Network 5 DS(U and J), I haven't tested European but I think it is as well
If I remember correctly, that also happens in 0364 - Puzzle Series Vol. 1 - Jigsaw Puzzle with Acekard RPG and R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it