Hacking AKAIO 1.4.1: How to display image in LMP-NG music player?

CoNS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In the LMP-NG plugin music player in AKAIO 1.4.1, there seems to be room for a small image in the display (the empty frame with the question mark). It would be cool if it could display the front cover while playing an album (e.g. by displaing a "cover.jpg" file in the current folder on the microSD card). Is this possible?

I have tried searching for info elsewhere in connection with the LMP-NG player, but without luck...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
this is a homebrew questions and not an acekard/akaio question. that plug-in has been removed and is not in akaio 1.5. you should ask for this post to be moved to the homebrew section where someone can tell you if that is possible on licks media player. i'm pretty sure the new moonshell will display cover art if it is encoded correctly.
Did lick code/port the actual plugin that comes with AKAIO 1.4.1 that they are asking about? Expecting the original author to support a 3rd party port which could have the required code broken when said plugin code doesn't even appear to be publicly available is... well, pointless especially considering LMP-NG has been rather abandoned for the last couple years. I hope you folks realize, mentioning 1.5 in such a fashion is pretty much the only reason anyone has had to even consider asking/nagging/wondering about it: foot+gun=shooting your own; seeing folks doing it over and over again to themselves for many weeks and then blaming someone else for asking... priceless
yaynds.gif

To actually answer the question: no, lick did not get around to adding album/user art support (so it's just displaying 'unknown.bmp' from the skin, though many rumors the unfinished 'next version' will have it can be found) - as far as I can tell from the old RPG source I have bliss did not add it in for the RPG plugin. Whether someone else touched the plugin source and improved on it in such things since, I have no way of knowing.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cory1492 said:
Did lick code/port the actual plugin that comes with AKAIO 1.4.1 that they are asking about?

no, so the next time he runs it under akaio 1.5 (when it is released) will be as homebrew. which is why i suggested asking to have the topic moved. also it occured to me that more people would have used the media player than those who know about the old akaio plugin.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded