Hacking AKAIO 1.4.1 Autoboot Menu Feature without touching the Touchscreen?

Harry Potthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

got my Acekard2 today an put AKAIO 1.4.1 on my Micro SD, everything works fine
smile.gif
My question is: Is it possible that if I turn on the NDS the Slot1 boots up the Acekard without touching the
Touchscreen
unsure.gif
My R4DS is booting directly to the Menu when I turn on my NDS.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that more of an issue with the actual hardware, as opposed to a software / firmware issue? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm thinking it's not doable.

Of course, some clarification is necessary. Do you mean bypassing the warning screen, or not going to the menu where you choose GBA / DS, or other options? If it's bypassing the DS menu screen, the above post is correct. If you're wanting it to start without any input at all, the R4 does it, the AK2 does not.

Harry Potthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I mean bypassing the warning screen. When I turn on my NDS with my R4DS it boots directly to the R4DS Menu. With Acekard I must first touch the Screen (Warning Screen).

Posts merged

Pendor said:
Set autoboot in the NDS firmware.

My Autoboot (NDS Firmware) ist on
wacko.gif

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
search the NDS forum for "removing heath screen".

prerequisite: turn autoboot ON

1. removing the battery for a 10seconds plus.
2. input only your username, colour, date and time (NOT THE DOB)
3. switch off your ds at the DOB screen.

and BAM! u have it. acekard booting straight into the menu.

Harry Potthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mhkwong said:
search the NDS forum for "removing heath screen".

prerequisite: turn autoboot ON

1. removing the battery for a 10seconds plus.
2. input only your username, colour, date and time (NOT THE DOB)
3. switch off your ds at the DOB screen.

and BAM! u have it. acekard booting straight into the menu.

What do you mean with "NOT THE DOB" ?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
deethebee said:
flash your ds
rolleyes.gif
DURRR
with FLASHEME

That's something from the days of the DS Phat, and barley anyone does anymore. DURRR
rolleyes.gif

Plus, that doesn't make it auto-boot. It just gets rid of the warning message and allows DS code to be booted from Slot 2. The main purpose of FlashMe was to eliminate the need of a PassMe. DURRR
rolleyes.gif
Infact, we don't need PassMEs, FlashMe's or ANY of that stuff anymore. We have Slot 1 flash cards, why would we need to run DS code from Slot 2?

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
from the AKAIO wiki FAQ section
QUOTE said:
* How can I skip the Health & Safety Screen and boot directly to my Acekard?

Short of flashing your NDS firmware with FlashME you can attempt the soft-mod trick.

1. On your DS (with no cart inserted), click the DS icon at the bottom center of the screen to get to the system settings.
2. Click the wrench icon then arrow icon and set the DS to Auto Mode.
3. Turn off the DS and remove your battery for about 15-20 seconds to clear volatile data.
4. Replace the battery and go through the DS set-up , but when it prompts you to press A to turn it off, use the power switch instead.
5. Thats it, now just insert the Acekard and turn on your DS. Now it will effectively auto-boot straight into the Acekard menu.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Euhm, slot 2 boot might have been the main reason ... But getting rid of the warning screen without the weird no DoB thingy is kind of a must imo. Probably the main reason I haven't bought a DSi is because of that annoying screen.

I re-flashed my DSL just a month ago, when I got a slot 1 card.
Also, FlashMe protects against CrashMe ... or whatever, some silly program that would ruin your firmware if you didn't flash.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Harry Potthead said:
I mean bypassing the warning screen. When I turn on my NDS with my R4DS it boots directly to the R4DS Menu. With Acekard I must first touch the Screen (Warning Screen).

the r4 does not bypass the h&s screen. once you click to accept the warning from nintendo, the r4 auto boots into its firmware, skipping the nds firmware screen.

-another world

NinjaMarion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Harry Potthead said:

the r4 does not bypass the h&s screen. once you click to accept the warning from nintendo, the r4 auto boots into its firmware, skipping the nds firmware screen.

-another world
Mine always did. In fact, that's exactly how I could tell when my R4 was being screwy and not being seen by the DS, because it would boot to the health warning screen instead of directly to the R4 menu. I grew to hate that warning, since it usually meant about 5-20 times ejecting the R4 and micro sd then reinserting until the DS would recognize it and boot right to the R4 menu.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
NinjaMarion said:
Another World said:
Harry Potthead said:

-another world
Mine always did. In fact, that's exactly how I could tell when my R4 was being screwy and not being seen by the DS, because it would boot to the health warning screen instead of directly to the R4 menu. I grew to hate that warning, since it usually meant about 5-20 times ejecting the R4 and micro sd then reinserting until the DS would recognize it and boot right to the R4 menu.

Yeah, the R4 does auto-boot. You don't have to touch the screen or push any buttons, it automatically loads up. I've just tried it, I'll make a video if someone doesn't believe me.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i own 9 flash linkers. i've had 2 real r4s. the r4 does not, in no way, skip the h&s screen. after you accept the h&s warning, the r4 skips the nds firmware and loads directly into the r4 firmware. there are only 2 known ways to skip the h&s screen. the first is flashme and the second is the battery soft-mod trick.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
powser said:
I can't believe Another World just said that..

why, do i usually lie?

my first r4 was my first slot1 kit. i used it for over 5 months. i think i would have recalled the h&s screen being skipped, even once. what i do recall is the nds freezing on the h&s screen during the below zero days of winter. if the r4 skipped it, this never would have happened.

-another world

Hitcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
powser said:
I can't believe Another World just said that..

why, do i usually lie?

my first r4 was my first slot1 kit. i used it for over 5 months. i think i would have recalled the h&s screen being skipped, even once. what i do recall is the nds freezing on the h&s screen during the below zero days of winter. if the r4 skipped it, this never would have happened.

-another world
I'm afraid you're wrong.

I've used DSTT's before and they skip the warning screen on boot and go straight to the card menu.

EDIT: Just tested it on a spare I've got here and it skips - no flashme or battery soft-mod trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM