damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShAdOwFuRi said:
I have tested the soft reset problem on the new firmware with various ROMS and I am proud to say that so far I have not had any problem at all =]

I would like to extend my deepest thanks to both Norm and Smiths for fixing this problem.

Now I can't soft-reset in some games, (namely Mario) but the ones that work fine its all good and no crackly sound anymore. But yeh I'd rather have non working soft-reset than reset that stuffs up the sound. I'm only using an AK2 not 2.1 so maybe that's the problem. I'll trhy a fresh format of the msd and see.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
damnesiac said:
Now I can't soft-reset in some games, (namely Mario) but the ones that work fine its all good and no crackly sound anymore.

which mario game? keep in mind that softreset, cheats, etc patch into a part of, assumed to be, unused ram. if the game is actually using that ram the patch will fail and/or not let the game boot at all.

-another world

Curatio

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minigames from New Super Mario Bros. hangs with a black screen, even with patches disabled. Anyone else have the same problem? I believe it was working in 1.2 with patches disabled.

damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
damnesiac said:
Now I can't soft-reset in some games, (namely Mario) but the ones that work fine its all good and no crackly sound anymore.

which mario game? keep in mind that softreset, cheats, etc patch into a part of, assumed to be, unused ram. if the game is actually using that ram the patch will fail and/or not let the game boot at all.

-another world

Super Mario 64 DS v01 (U) trimmed rom with cheats disabled, DP disabled, only SR enabled. Using the 4.13 loader softreset works fine. One thing I noticed though is that the Loading text turns red when loading games. Does this mean anything?

QUOTE(Curatio @ Jan 13 2009, 04:32 PM)
Minigames from New Super Mario Bros. hangs with a black screen, even with patches disabled. Anyone else have the same problem? I believe it was working in 1.2 with patches disabled.

Using the official 4.13 loader the mini games work fine.

n/a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the akRPG "Soft Reset" bug (with "Cheat/Action Replay" global Patch disabled) still present in this release?

To recreate the bug, enable the "Soft Reset" global Patch and disable the "Cheat/Action Replay" global Patch, and if "Cheat/Action Replay" is enabled for the setting of the game that you are about to launch, set it to "Default" so that it will use the global setting (or set it to "Disabled"). Now, when you launch a game and use "Soft Reset" afterward to exit the game, --if the bug is still present-- you will see that no skin and text is loaded and both screens will be black. On the bottom screen you will see only the three icons for the different types of memory (NAND, microSD, GBA Slot) and the selection bar will resemble a minty green color.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
damnesiac said:
One thing I noticed though is that the Loading text turns red when loading games. Does this mean anything?

When the loading text turns red, it means that its loading the game in DMA mode which should improve performance in many games, including the flow downs and freezes in Castlevania. You can also press and hold down the A button while loading a game to boot the game in non-DMA mode which was previously used by AKAIO if for some reason, DMA mode is causing problems for you. If you do hold down A to boot in Non-DMA mode, the loading text will remain blue.

damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Narin, it ended up being DMA screwing up the soft-reset function. Holding A and booting in non-DMA mode makes soft-reset work fine.
smile.gif

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm starting to have some soft reset problems with DMA mode as well... sometimes... not always. I get like screen spasms and then it simply freezes when I try to soft reset.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
SOFT RESET IS STILL NO WORKING ON 1.3 RC2 WITH ACEKARD 2 GAME FREEZE IF YOU MAKE SOFT RESET AND THE MINI GAMES ON SUPER MARIO BROS STILL NOT WORKING ...STRANGE THIS RELEASE IS SUPPOSED CORRECTED THE SOFT RESET PROBLEM ???? SOMEBODY HAVE A IDEA
unsure.gif

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
SOFT RESET IS STILL NO WORKING ON 1.3 RC2 WITH ACEKARD 2 GAME FREEZE IF YOU MAKE SOFT RESET AND THE MINI GAMES ON SUPER MARIO BROS STILL NOT WORKING ...STRANGE THIS RELEASE IS SUPPOSED CORRECTED THE SOFT RESET PROBLEM ???? SOMEBODY HAVE A IDEA
unsure.gif

Indeed, even with patches disabled and non-DMA mode, I can't get the New Super Mario Bros minigames to load.

I can soft-reset just fine though (DMA or non-DMA, both seem to work fine).

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
kai445 said:
florian said:
unsure.gif

Indeed, even with patches disabled and non-DMA mode, I can't get the New Super Mario Bros minigames to load.

I can soft-reset just fine though (DMA or non-DMA, both seem to work fine).

i tested soft reset with 1.3 rc2 and for me crash the games and freeze with my acekard 2 version 2.1 ( tested on about 10 game example : Super Mario 64 DS - nanostray etc... ) but on the 1.3 rc1 the soft reset work its strange ???

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
norm is working on the mario issue and appears to have found something that may be causing it. i don't think its fair to say that soft reset is not working when you only tested it on 10 games. i'm sure i can find 10+ games where soft reset doesn't work on any flash kit with the official firmware. many games need individual fixes when it comes to soft reset, and some will never work at all. you are welcome to visit #acekard to discuss your problems.

a listing of games by release # which are failing would be more helpful than simply telling us that soft-reset isn't working for you. also what patches you are using, if you are using dma mode, etc.

to those who visit irc...

many people are stopping by the irc chan and voicing opinions about how buggy akaio is. please understand that neither norm or smiths get paid for writing akaio. they do it for fun. sometimes it takes a few revisions to get the code just right. please submit any serious bugs to the tracker. please do not come to the chan and repeatedly type the same line over and over about how you are experiencing an isolated issue. start a discussion or idle until we are active in the chan.

its very easy to criticize something when your expectations are let down. keep in mind the amount of coding involved in keeping 3,000+ roms and homebrew up and running before you post your comments. also please read the bug tracker, threads in this official discussion, and idle in the irc chan before posting.

thank you

-another world

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Great work!
smile.gif

Another World said:

many people are stopping by the irc chan and voicing opinions about how buggy akaio is. please understand that neither norm or smiths get paid for writing akaio. they do it for fun. sometimes it takes a few revisions to get the code just right. please submit any serious bugs to the tracker. please do not come to the chan and repeatedly type the same line over and over about how you are experiencing an isolated issue. start a discussion or idle until we are active in the chan.
WTF? Too bad human model 1.0 comes without reality check. These people seriously should complain to their manufacturer instead of annoying uninvolved third parties.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Another World said:
norm is working on the mario issue and appears to have found something that may be causing it. i don't think its fair to say that soft reset is not working when you only tested it on 10 games. i'm sure i can find 10+ games where soft reset doesn't work on any flash kit with the official firmware. many games need individual fixes when it comes to soft reset, and some will never work at all. you are welcome to visit #acekard to discuss your problems.

a listing of games by release # which are failing would be more helpful than simply telling us that soft-reset isn't working for you. also what patches you are using, if you are using dma mode, etc.

its very easy to criticize something when your expectations are let down. keep in mind the amount of coding involved in keeping 3,000+ roms and homebrew up and running before you post your comments. also please read the bug tracker, threads in this official discussion, and idle in the irc chan before posting.

thank you

-another world

Yes thx for the infos another world
wink.gif
when i press and hold the button A the game load and soft reset work......But just the super mario bros mini game not work ?

PS: and what the dma mode explain me?

Ronik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
florian said:
n/a said:
Can anyone test and see if THIS BUG is still present in this release?

No mate new super mario bros mini games not work for its strange

He wasn't referring to the minigame bug. That bug is being worked on, and has already been reported. Again, as has been asked, please check the bug tracker before posting any bugs.

For n/a's matter, I don't have an RPG so I can't test. You could test yourself if you're so interested in it. Keeps the devs from being overwhelmed/annoyed too, as they have a lot to do... It has been said that they aren't paid for this and just do it in their free time. Be patient with them and do what you can to help out if you're so concerned.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
re the RPG bug: does leaving on cheats and not enabling any cheats then soft-resetting fix this? then just leave cheats on and don't enable any cheats.

The RPG is buggier than a hooker's crotch; blame AceKard.

and seriously, anyone read the readme?
Like 3 lines into it?

+ DMA mode on AK2 (Hold A while loading a game to use non-DMA mode).

try that shit if something is broken.

DMA fixes far more than it breaks, so shut up about that; we're keeping it in.

What else have I missed?
Oh yeah, complaints.
OH NOES MARIO BROS MINIGAMES STILL DON'T WORK
it's called a release candidate. we ironed out tons of other bugs; that one popped up long past when we gave a shit about individual game fixes vs. global features. It's in the bugdar. so shut up and follow that. The bugdar exists so you don't have to post it ten times.

I will request all posts concerning mario bros minigames be closed; reporting them as I type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)