Hacking AK2i worked until AK2i update file for EUR/US DSi. Language...

Maleko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very upsetting since my AK2i was working great until I performed the:

AK2i update file for EUR/US DSi. Language issue solved. For HWID "81"

I downloaded the update file from the "Download" section of acekard.com, extracted it, and then copied the "ak2i_eur_us_update.nds" file to my Micro SD card. After the update was complete, I rebooted my DSi but now the spot where the "Danny Phantom" icon was located in my menu is no longer appearing and when I tap that spot I get the following message:

An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.

Does anyone know of a solution to this type of problem with the AK2i?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you actually need to use that update though? you only need it if you have the DSi set to a language other than English, and well your English is fine.

Did you verify your cart has a HWID of 81/ 8181 before running it?

Otherwise you will have to perform the 1.4FW update again, the language fix could have overwritten part of the Acekarts flash memory where that was stored. The error message you posted is the same as you get on carts which haven't had the 1.4FW update applied.

Maleko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Did you actually need to use that update though? you only need it if you have the DSi set to a language other than English, and well your English is fine.

Otherwise you will have to perform the 1.4FW update again, the language fix could have overwritten part of the Acekarts flash memory where that was stored. The error message you posted is the same as you get on carts which haven't had the 1.4FW update applied.

Yes, I verified it was 81 before running it.

How can I perform the 1.4FW update if I can't access the AK2i?

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Maleko said:
tk_saturn said:

Yes, I verified it was 81 before running it.

How can I perform the 1.4FW update if I can't access the AK2i?
you can't, it happened to me once, I ha to borrow my friends ds lite
tongue.gif

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Next time - update the lang before making 1.4FW update...

If your DSi is already 1.4FW, you cannot update it. You will need anyone, who owns DS Lite or Phat to do that update for you.

Maleko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Maleko said:
Can I use my friend's DS to perform the 1.4FW update?
If it's a DSLIte,DSPhat or a DSi that's NOT updated to 1.4 firmware - then yes you can
I just know it's NOT a DSi so hopefully it will work, whatever type of DS it is.

Just so I'm clear, if my friend's DS hasn't been updated to 1.4, I can perform the update using the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds" file that's on my Micro SD card which resides in my AK2i, right?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maleko said:
Just so I'm clear, if my friend's DS hasn't been updated to 1.4, I can perform the update using the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds" file that's on my Micro SD card which resides in my AK2i, right?
Yes, but i'd use "ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds" instead if it were me.

Download from Here

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Maleko said:
CannonFoddr said:
Maleko said:
Can I use my friend's DS to perform the 1.4FW update?
If it's a DSLIte,DSPhat or a DSi that's NOT updated to 1.4 firmware - then yes you can
I just know it's NOT a DSi so hopefully it will work, whatever type of DS it is.

yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: +1