Hacking AK2i -- What to download?

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really sorry if I'm not supposed to be posting here, or if there's already a topic.

I just recently got my Acekart 2i. I gotta admit I was completely random in my choice of Acekarts, and just bought the AK2i because I could. I've briefly looked around GBAtemp, and um, I've found lots of firmware, but I'm still not sure. I've found lots of subjects on the AKAIO, but according to the official AK website, I can't use that on the AK2i.

So what firmware should I be downloading? What is a homebrew? basically, I just need ALL the information I can get. how do I put games in it, should I be making files to make it do a specific action? [After downloading StepMania, I've concluded that I suck at this kind of thing] Do I need ot have save files, or is it automatic..?

etc etc.

Thanks for taking your time, and if there is already a guide for this, erm... don't kill me please? DX;;

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this FW http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4593 it's the latest AKAIO 1.3 Final.

Thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130921

As it says in the thread AKAIO is safe to use now on the AK2i.

To use games on the AK you need to download NDS ROMS.Saves are done automatically so no worries there,and homebrew is a game/app made by people.

To use the Firmware place __aio and akmenu4.nds on the ROOT of your MicroSD.Make a Games folder if you'd like to make it more tidy.Place your ROMS in the Games folder and you can start playing right away.

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahh, thank you!

I just downloaded it, and I unzipped it. there's like a million files in tehre, do I just place them ALL in the root of my microSD?

unknownworlder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rabbits_Galore said:
ahh, thank you!

I just downloaded it, and I unzipped it. there's like a million files in tehre, do I just place them ALL in the root of my microSD?

Is it in _aio? or is it all in one folder.

But yes, put it all in the root.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rabbits_Galore said:
ahh, thank you!

There should be 3 files in there the __aio folder,akmenu4.nds,and a readme_AKAIO.txt.

Place the __aio folder(the whole folder) on the root and akmenu4.nds.

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay, thanks =D

I just downloaded it and tried again. I see 4 files, two of which are folders. So I just place those folders in the ROOT of the microSD?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rabbits_Galore said:
okay, thanks =D

I just downloaded it and tried again. I see 4 files, two of which are folders. So I just place those folders in the ROOT of the microSD?

The only folder that should be in there is the __aio folder.Place the __aio folder and akmenu4.nds on the ROOT of the MicroSD.

Rabbits_Galore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay thanks. the other folder... which is marked '....' only leads me to my files on desktop. So I'm guessing that's probably not part of anything.

Thank you so much. =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b