Hacking AK2i incoming from GameKool -- ready for DSi 1.4?

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone had gotten a 2i from Gamekool recently and if so whether or not it was ready to roll for a 1.4 DSi or if it needed to be upgraded yet. I realized I ordered it without thinking that through, and I've only got a DSi at my disposal right now. I'm sure I can figure something out, but just wanted to see if anyone knew if I needed to go through the hassle or not.

Thanks!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A general rule of thumb is: if it says nothing in the item description, don't count on it.

It only takes like 20 seconds to update it. Surely you know someone who has a DSlite you could borrow for 20 seconds.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have a friend who has a DS lite, or their own DSi + 1.4 ready flashcart, they can help you do the update.

Yeah, it's possible to flash an Acekard for 1.4 using any flashcart and the correct .NDS file.

Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"2009.08.18 Update: Acekard 2i is now support V1.4 with update.You can download from GBAtemp" - Gamekool.com

I'd say it's probably not if they supply you with a link the updating thingy o-o

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just found that little bit of info myself. Thanks for the heads up though. I've got an email in with them to double check, but I think I'll need to get ahold of a DS Lite for a few minutes to update this thing. I'm a doof. Sold my DS Lite before the flashcart came.
wink.gif

Thanks everyone!

daroga

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
obito said:
Lol go to a video game store and use theirs.

Nah i'm kidding.
Heh, I probably wouldn't do that. But we're in the middle of nowhere here, a good 2 hours from any store that even sells DS systems. I may end up, the next time we're on shopping trip, buying one, setting up the flash cart, and then returning it. Not the most convient thing, but when you don't have anyone local to borrow from, it might work alright.

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
that's ture...
in fact...we will help our customer to upgrade it to support v1.4 when they have no dsl...but need to leave a comment

Old8oy said:
A general rule of thumb is: if it says nothing in the item description, don't count on it.

It only takes like 20 seconds to update it. Surely you know someone who has a DSlite you could borrow for 20 seconds.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daroga said:
Thanks for commenting, gamekool!

How will you help those of us who have no DS Lite?
You leave a comment when you order your product and they will update it for you before shipping it out. I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"