AK2i incoming from GameKool -- ready for DSi 1.4?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by daroga, Apr 8, 2010.

Apr 8, 2010
  1. daroga
    OP

Newcomer daroga Member

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone had gotten a 2i from Gamekool recently and if so whether or not it was ready to roll for a 1.4 DSi or if it needed to be upgraded yet. I realized I ordered it without thinking that through, and I've only got a DSi at my disposal right now. I'm sure I can figure something out, but just wanted to see if anyone knew if I needed to go through the hassle or not.

Thanks!

2. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    A general rule of thumb is: if it says nothing in the item description, don't count on it.

It only takes like 20 seconds to update it. Surely you know someone who has a DSlite you could borrow for 20 seconds.

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    If you have a friend who has a DS lite, or their own DSi + 1.4 ready flashcart, they can help you do the update.

Yeah, it's possible to flash an Acekard for 1.4 using any flashcart and the correct .NDS file.

4. Mages4ever

Member Mages4ever GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    "2009.08.18 Update: Acekard 2i is now support V1.4 with update.You can download from GBAtemp" - Gamekool.com

I'd say it's probably not if they supply you with a link the updating thingy o-o

5. daroga
    OP

Newcomer daroga Member

I just found that little bit of info myself. Thanks for the heads up though. I've got an email in with them to double check, but I think I'll need to get ahold of a DS Lite for a few minutes to update this thing. I'm a doof. Sold my DS Lite before the flashcart came. [​IMG]

Thanks everyone!

6. obito

Member obito I can have a title?! :O

New Zealand
    Lol go to a video game store and use theirs.

Nah i'm kidding.

7. daroga
    OP

Newcomer daroga Member

Heh, I probably wouldn't do that. But we're in the middle of nowhere here, a good 2 hours from any store that even sells DS systems. I may end up, the next time we're on shopping trip, buying one, setting up the flash cart, and then returning it. Not the most convient thing, but when you don't have anyone local to borrow from, it might work alright.

8. gamekool

Member gamekool GBAtemp Regular

United States
    that's ture...
    in fact...we will help our customer to upgrade it to support v1.4 when they have no dsl...but need to leave a comment

9. daroga
    OP

Newcomer daroga Member

Thanks for commenting, gamekool!

How will you help those of us who have no DS Lite?

10. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    You leave a comment when you order your product and they will update it for you before shipping it out. I think.