Hacking AK2i Directory Setup

chongochingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my new AK2I updated for my 3DS but it seems like if I mess with the directory structure it wont get passed the "Loading" screen or it gives me a "Missing system files" message. I put the AKAIO 1.8.9 files in the root of the memory card. so I haveakmenu4.nds and the _aio directory with all its content in there. I downloaded Sonic Colors.nds file. Where do I put it now. It's like if I put the file anywhere on the card it wont get passed the loading screen. Am I missing installing something else? Please help! Its driving me crazy!

Ris312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got my new AK2I updated for my 3DS but it seems like if I mess with the directory structure it wont get passed the "Loading" screen or it gives me a "Missing system files" message. I put the AKAIO 1.8.9 files in the root of the memory card. so I haveakmenu4.nds and the _aio directory with all its content in there. I downloaded Sonic Colors.nds file. Where do I put it now. It's like if I put the file anywhere on the card it wont get passed the loading screen. Am I missing installing something else? Please help! Its driving me crazy!

Put akmenu4.nds and the __AIO folder and your Roms in E:\ (or whatever letter your memory card is)
or alternately you can make a few folders and put your roms in those folders
then you can sort them by Genre (FPS/RPG/Shooter/Platform) or Alphabetically (A-K / L-Z)

E:\
|--- __AIO\ (Inside here are all the AKAIO firmware files)
|--- akmenu4.nds (The main menu of AKAIO)
|--- Game1.nds (An NDS Rom)
|--- Game2.nds
|--- RPG\ (Folder with NDS Roms in it)
|--------- RPG-Game1.nds
|--------- RPG-Game2.nds
|--- Platform\ (Another Folder with NDS Roms in it)
|-------------- Platform-Game1.nds
|-------------- Platform-Game2.nds

chongochingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what I have done. If there is anything in the root directory other that the akmenu4.nds file and the _aio directory it wont get passed the "Loading" screen....

D

Deleted-236924

Uh... That's most fascinating.
Never heard of something like that happening.
Pretty sure it's the first time we hear about this on here.

Just to be sure, format the microSD with Panasonic SD formatter.
Then make sure to get AKAIO 1.8.9 from here.

chongochingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Panasonic formatter and then redownloaded AKAIO file from your link. I took a screenshot of my directory with a .nds rom file in the base directory.
http://imgur.com/aW1ui
Earlier today I did the 3ds update for my ak2i with a DS system so I think I should have all of the latest stuff. My 3ds got updated to the 3.0.0-6u version.

chongochingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The icon in the 3ds menu is the Chronicles of Narnia icon. If I just put the base files without a game.nds file in it will start up the akAIO program. Also if I add a blank "Game" directory to the root directory of the SD card it will show up in the akAIO file selection screen. But as soon as I put in a game.nds file into even the "Game" directory it wont get past the loading screen.

chongochingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the card from leetmod.com and I was able to update it and I am able to load the AKAIO application if I dont put a .nds file anywhere on the memory card.

chongochingi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I was finally able to get one started. I dont know if it was a problem with the roms I was using... A game with a (U) is the US version correct?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure you've got a non-fake card?
Since he has the Narnia icon, we can at least deduct that it can update the bootloader to the latest one. I doubt it's fake.

My best advice is to reflash the ak2i using the latest bootloader and see if it fixes it.

EDIT: ninja'd while I was in the toilet lol

Yeah, (U) is for USA roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool