Hacking AK2i AKAIO resets settings after soft-reset?

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2i (AKAIO FW) I'm using on my Nintendo DSi (NTSC) and I'm having a semi-annoying problem... Whenever I soft-reset (L+R+A+B+X+Y) back to the AKAIO it resets my general settings. It reverts to the default AKAIO skin, changes my language settings, and resets everything else I changed save for individual game ROM settings. I tried looking this up but couldn't get results. Anyone have an idea why it does this or how to fix it? I'm using AKAIO RC2 firmware. Thank you.

woffi63

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have had this issue with Akaio 1.6 RC1, but only with one of three Acekards. It was an issue with the microSD. I formatted the Transflash with different programs. At least GParted was the solution.

Do not know what was the reason, but after partitioning and formatting with GParted the settings stay after a soft reset.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Set up akaio as you want it. Then goto the __AIO directory on your MicroSD card, right click on globalsettings, select properties, put a tick in the 'read only' box and click OK. Not guaranteed to fix it, but it's worth a shot.

Otherwise make sure you formatted the MicroSD card with the Panasonic formatter.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Then you can just remove the read only attribute, change them and the reapply it.

It's long winded, but apart from formatting with the Panasonic formatter, i'm not sure there's much else you can do.

doz592

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

I've already tried the Panasonic Formatter, and I don't like this option too much...

Something must be done.

Through research, this does not happen in the last 1.5.1 release...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.