AK2 Panic attack!!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by RoboClover, Jul 17, 2008.

Jul 17, 2008

AK2 Panic attack!! by RoboClover at 12:22 AM (1,746 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. RoboClover
    OP

Newcomer RoboClover Advanced Member

United States
    So i wanted to play mario party with my friend but he didnt have it. Fortunately, i had my AceKard 2 and just downloaded it, flashed it and thought i could just gameshare it...but i couldnt.

I booted up multiplayer mode and it detected my friend's DS. So i click ok and ah...it doesnt work. Says there's a communication error and goes back to the menu. What's going on?! How do i fix it? Is it the ROM or the card? The firmware maybe?

Please help!

Thanks

2. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    I'm, like, totally freaking out!

D/L play patch enabled?

3. RoboClover
    OP

Newcomer RoboClover Advanced Member

United States
    T.T ima noob...

For god knows why it came with disabled as the default so, like, it was disabled...So i was all like start/patches/set download play to enabled

Thanks a ton!! Problem solved.

4. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    OMAGAD!!!11

think all options are disabled by default as not all would run with downloadplay etc on so switch them on as needed.

5. BlueStar

Member BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I've found the Acekard 2 to be worse at download play than the R4, there are certain games that flat out don't work and at other times I've had to try a few times to get a successful result without a freeze on the receiving DS.

6. MolotovC

Newcomer MolotovC Member

United States
    Yep the Ak2 is a donkey with a pretty menu.. but for some reason the prettyness of a menu seems to be the no.1 criteria round here.

7. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda

Well I wouldn't call it a donkey, but i do think that it's over rated. Personally I prefer the DSTT as it gets more out of the slower mem cards like the sandisk series ect

But I do totally agree with you about how people rate the menu system over actual funtionality, it's just plain insane, i mean how long does the avarge person sit and stare at a menu? personally i just use it to pick the game i want play and turn on some cheats if i want to, wehter it's a got a shiny shiny picture of spiderman in the background or not is of no concern to me.

8. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    The AK2 is all fur coat and no knickers. It's got a pretty menu and SDHC support but when it comes to the meat and potatoes of actually playing games it's outperformed by the R4.

9. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Mmmmmm. I love meat and potatoes. [​IMG]

10. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't mind someone wearing a fur coat and no knickers...

Wait... what? [​IMG]

But seriously, if you think the R4 is better than the Acekard2, you need your head checking.

11. BlueStar

United Kingdom
    Well I have both and I can't give away my R4 yet because I need it for some games. The AK2 refuses to do download play with LOL, which bearing in mind the only way you can play it is download play means it's unplayable. The AK2 also can't seem to do download play with New Super Mario Brothers and Space Invaders Extreme whereas I've not found any download play the R4 can't handle. Metal Slug 7 suffers more in-game slowdown on my AK2 than my R4, Portrait of Ruin crashes more, the black screens between events on track and field are much longer and in FFTA2 when you speak to someone in a pub or forest (like the guy who wants you to gather muskmellow) the black screen while it loads on the AK2 lasts so long that I'm sure the game has crashed.

Can you tell me one game the AK2 handles better than the R4? Because I've not found one yet (I've tried these games on both cards with exactly the same 2gb microSD and I've got exactly the same results as with my class 6 MicroSDHC in my AK2.)