Hacking AK2 or SCDS1?

d3td

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My R4 spring is ruined and now i cant insert my Micro SD card anymore.
So im gonna buy a new card and im thinking of either an Acekard 2(ver 2.1) or SCDS1(ver 3.0)

So can you tell me the good and bad sides of each of those flashcarts?

Also how is the build quality of each card and do they fit perfectly into the ds slot(by perfect i mean like a game cart)?

Since both are them are spring loaded like the R4 how good is the spring, does it break fast like the r4?

Does these cards firmware fix games with piracy prevention methods(like DQV),or do i need to patch them myself like with R4?

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First of all, i would go for the acekard2i or SupercardDSOneI cards, you never know if something is going to happen to your old ds and you decide to buy a dsi console... .
I now own a itouch2 , wish is great, however i also preordered the above said cards, so i don't really know wich is the best. Acekard with AKAIO is propably the best bett (atleast userfriendlyness), however supercard has the options to have a realtime guide and realtime save, and also has the reputation to have 100percent rom support.

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
elixirdream said:
once again
AKAIO is the first team to fix 3782 - Sloane to MacHale no Nazo Story (J)
it doesn't has any problem on running release number 3790 and 3791

That might be, however not everybody speaks japanese

d3td

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the real time features of the SCDS1.

However i read that for SCDS1 i need to make a cheat file for each indiviual game.

And this card needs a file with data on each game save size or otherwise it cant save.
Which is kinda troublesome because if a new game comes out i need to wait until the SC team updates this file before i can play it

Also i saw that some cards have a battery problem(something about psram).

Is all this trouble worth it because of the real time save,guide and cheats or should i just get an AK2?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
scdsone i is a decent card!
if possible why not get both
smile.gif

one for the game compatibility and solidness
one for the features and the usb firmware writters

wireles,
for your info not everyone speaks english and i don't think you get what i am trying to say
that also makes me wonder why are there so many english speakers playing made in ore (J) ?
I will also assume many of us who doesn't speak japanese would play kingdom hearts (J) before the english is out
ya.. what happened with MLRPG3 (J) ?

WEIRD?

anyway back to topic, whether a game is in english or japanese or whatever language
all we want is a TEAM SUPPORT! Thats what Team AKAIO is providing!

d3td

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d3td said:
I like the real time features of the SCDS1.

However i read that for SCDS1 i need to make a cheat file for each indiviual game.

And this card needs a file with data on each game save size or otherwise it cant save.
Which is kinda troublesome because if a new game comes out i need to wait until the SC team updates this file before i can play it

Also i saw that some cards have a battery problem(something about psram).

Is all this trouble worth it because of the real time save,guide and cheats or should i just get an AK2?
So is it it true that i have to make an individual cheat file for each game and have a file with save file sizes for each game in SCDS1?

And is the psram issue only on a few cards or is there a high chance of me getting a SC with a bad battery?

d3td

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Actually you don't need a file that states what save size it is. It generally can detect automatically, and you can always set it to the highest save size (a la R4, AceKard, etc). The reason they have this is so that if you have an 8kb save for an old old game and they already know about it, then why waste 504kb?
Good to know
smile.gif

Now about this psram issue how common is this defect?
Also is it supposed to happen(incase the battery is defected) in the first couple of days or it can even happen after a couple of months?

d3td

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I've had 3 Supercard DS ONE carts, never had a problem. I have also ordered a few for friends, none of them had issues either. OK I lied, one of them had an issue with the earliest early Supercard DS ONE, the original. I believe the main chip overheated, but it wasn't a PSRAM error. It seems that the PSRAM error is only happening lately so I can't comment. It is all about luck.

That being said, Supercard team has proven themselves to be a great team in terms of exchanges. My friend's broken Supercard DS ONE wasn't bought from an online retailer. It was bought from a local shop on a vacation in Hong Kong. When it died, he thought he had to buy another. I contacted Supercard Team, and they sent an extra Supercard DS ONE cart to KickTrading (since it is a Canadian company) and had us deal with them as if we ordered from them. It all went off without a hitch. I mean that is pretty good return policy. So if it were to get the PSRAM error, you're in safe hands.
smile.gif
Tnx for the help.

btw i read your SCDS1 vs CycloDS Evolution comparison.
I might get a CycloDS now since it also has real time save and guide like SC, although its more expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse