AK2 help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by bish, Aug 2, 2008.

Aug 2, 2008

AK2 help by bish at 7:51 PM (992 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. bish
    OP

Newcomer bish Newbie

Canada
    Hi,I just purchased an AK2,went to the site and downloaded (or at least I thought that I did) all the necessary files. I transferred the games over to my micro SD card, put it in the AK2 and inserted into the DS. When it powers on I see the Acekard 2, Pictchat, Download Play but when I touch the AK symbol it goes into "loading mode" but thats all I get

2. Lametta

Member Lametta GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Downlod this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2763 and put in the root of the microSD card those 2 things:
    1) __ak2 folder
    2) akmenu4.nds

Don't use ak2 official loader cause it's worse than Bliss, use this and you wont have problems. It doesnt have many bugs, I use this one for my Ak2 and works fine.

It will work [​IMG]

3. bish
    OP

Newcomer bish Newbie

Canada
    I don't quite understand. Do I have to erase everything that I have on the card and start over?

4. superdude

Member superdude GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    k erase everything best to format it, then put those 2 files in the root of the micro sd then put your games in the micro sd

5. bish
    OP

Newcomer bish Newbie

Canada
    ok, re-formatted the card and put those 2 file on. Put 1 game on but still just shows as "loading". Maybe time to give up for the night.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's possible that you got a bad AK2, in which case you'll need to exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

7. bish
    OP

Newcomer bish Newbie

Canada
    how do you know if it's bad? is there any kind of error that I'd see?

8. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You said you put two files on the microSD card. I assume you meant one file named "akmenu4.nds" and one folder named "__ak2" (the folder has a bunch of other files inside it).

Did you format your microSD card in FAT16 (sometimes just called FAT) or in FAT32? Is it a microSD card or a microSDHC card? What type of card is it?

If possible, you might try using a different microSD card and a different microSD card reader, to eliminate those as possible problems.

I would also suggest that you put games inside a "games" folder because there is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root.

Once you know that your microSD card is working properly and is set up properly then you can assume the Acakard 2 is bad and exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

9. bish
    OP

Newcomer bish Newbie

Canada
    I'll give it another try, thanks