AK2 FAT error fix?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by g4med4d, Aug 9, 2008.

Aug 9, 2008

AK2 FAT error fix? by g4med4d at 2:25 AM (1,897 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. g4med4d
    OP

Member g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've got my AK2 this past monday from DX and it was working fine until just a few mins ago. I got the infamous 'FAT ERROR' message and I recall friendly advise from this forum to reformat my microSD 4GB which I did.

First I copied all the files from the microSD out, format it and copied everything back. Now when I try to load the AK2, I do not get the 'FAT ERROR' but I get 3 options:

1) Flash Memory with ak cart logo as the ico,
    2) MicroSD Card
    3) Slot2 Card

If I select the Flash Memory, nothing happens. I dun expect it to since I've an AK2 not an AK RPG.
    If I select the MicroSD Card, a message box appears with the word 'text' and an option the press the button A(ok).
    If I select the Slot2 Card, I get the same message as when selecting the MicroSD option.

I've never seen the Flash Memory option before though.

I've seen thread around here that the latest batch seems fine, I would think that mine is from the latest batch but you'll never know.

I tried to run the AK2 with my other microSD 2GB and it was fine. This is mind boggling. The 4GB microSD is from A-Data and the 2GB microSD is from Sandisk.

So, is there a way to fix this or should I just request DX for an exchange/upgrade?

2. thk

Newcomer thk Member

Canada
    You're not mentioning the system you use with your AK2, but from your other post, I'll assume it's AKAIO 1.1r2.

The AK2 being recognized as an AKRPG (with the flash memory) is a known bug, and will hopefully (and likely, since progress has been made) be corrected in the next release of AKAIO. So far, try to stick to the original menu.

Congratulations though on fixing a FAT error, we don't see that every day... Long life your AK2 ! Mine was bought by the end of May, still going strong.

3. Blued

Newcomer Blued Newbie

Brazil
    Are you using the official loader or a custom one (Bliss, AKAIO)? Also, if it's working with another microSD, then it might be a problem with the 4Gb card.

4. g4med4d
    OP

Member g4med4d GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for your quick replies! I just love this community! [​IMG]

Sorry I forgot to mention the loader I was using. Yes, I'm using the AKAIO 1.1r2.

Since the 2GB microSD worked and the 4GB one did not, I refused to give up and I reformatted the 4GB microSD card again. This time round, it worked!!!! [​IMG]

The odd thing is that I suspect the microSD slot on the AK2 might be the problem. I'm having difficulty inserting both microSD cards at times. When I insert the microSD card, I can feel the spring but it doesn't lock. I have to try it a few times, trying to get the spring or the catch in the slot to latch again.

Seems like it could be a spring issue here.

5. thk

Newcomer thk Member

Canada
    No, this is the normal behaviour. I repeat, this is likely a software bug that will be fixed soon. Check the (huge) AKAIO 1.1 thread for confirmation.