Hacking AK2 Bliss soft reset issue

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Soft reset works with all games. However, I noticed that if I simply press the combo and let it reset once it's back in the menu IT WILL RELOAD THE GAME. If done so again it will reload over and over again. Turn off the power and turn it back on and it will STILL reload the ROM you exited from. The only solution it seems is to keep soft reset PRESSED UNTIL BACK IN THE MENU. Doesn't bug me too much but is this an intended feature or a bug?

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you sure you dont have the autoboot rom feature enabled? hmm i havent tried every game. but i got about 40-50 games on my ak2 at the moment and i never had any problem with softreset.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I found this and I was about to apologize, but it seems someone already responded. Yes you are right. I should have spent more time exploring the options. The thread was useless, sorry for the blunder. I'll see if it's possible to delete it since I created it, if not it can be locked away. Sorry again.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lol. its ok. everyone makes mistakes. =D this thread isnt completely useless anyway. this can be useful for others in the future. especially when someone gets a new ak2 and the same thing appears. the solution is right here for them.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Still I have to add... comparing it to the R4 the AK2 falls a bit shorter here. Soft reset isn't exactly clean. It leaves the network adapter on(seen by blinking LED), unable to further connect to WiFi until a shutdown is executed and in some instances even kills the touchscreen. Also after about 2 or 3 soft resets the next game load freezes. Needs more cleanup IMO.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Is it allowed? I'm using the Bliss FW, won't they just say "you're doing it wrong, use the official firmware" or "3rd party firmwares unsupported"?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Acekard team seems to support the Bliss menu, as long as he doesn't release the source code for the AK2 menu (which isn't open source yet). There's a topic for the Bliss menu on the Acekard forum, but are you sure the problem you're seeing is limited to the Bliss menu?

BTW, I use Bliss and have never noticed the problems you listed but I'm not sure I've tried to soft-reset during WiFi.

ETA: I don't know if the problems you're seeing is part of the kernel or if it's part of the Bliss menu specifically, but I understand that the AKBBS menu is going to be out for the AK2 soon (it currently only runs on the Acekard RPG, but it will soon work on the AK2 as well). If you're not familiar with it, AKBBS is a collaboration between several different developers (Bliss, Normmatt, Smiths, Moogle, Gelu, and kzat), merging the best parts of several different menus together. For more information, check out this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=88147

-Bri

FreshSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened to me today. I accidentally put auto reboot on and it kept booting up the game I played. Just load up your sd to your comp and replace all the files again =]

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FreshSoul said:
That happened to me today. I accidentally put auto reboot on and it kept booting up the game I played. Just load up your sd to your comp and replace all the files again =]
To cancel auto-boot simply hold B at start up no need to replace all the files.

QUOTE(Fantasma-del-Caribe @ Jun 13 2008, 08:06 AM) where do I download OS Bliss?
Bliss' custom osmenu discussion thread

FreshSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swip said:
FreshSoul said:
To cancel auto-boot simply hold B at start up no need to replace all the files.

QUOTE(Fantasma-del-Caribe @ Jun 13 2008, 08:06 AM) where do I download OS Bliss?
Bliss' custom osmenu discussion thread

Thanks, I wished I knew this earlier

I was wondering... is there a way to soft rest to the acekard menu?

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously it takes only a few secs to try this so do so and and you will see it goes back to the acekard menu
if you think its resetting the game then you probably have autorun on again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr