Hacking AK2 4.10 Firmware Releases (2008-10-14)

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticking with AKAIO.

Did you know Clubhouse games crashes when it's saving on official Acekard 2 firmware? That's the reason I switched to AKAIO, other than that I've had no problems with the official firmware.

chiseen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is true. Clubhouse games does crash when saving, also TWEWY problem doesnt appear to have been fixed.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what problem does the ak have with the world ends without you?

as for save crashes the official firmware relies on the auto detection routine for save types, which isn't perfect. this could be the reason.

the acekard team is very good at returning emails, you should contact them with rom numbers and problems and ask for assistance. they will update the loader if there isn't another way to fix.

-another world

evilhomura89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i think it should work with AKAIO...as long as the akmenu4.nds is placed in _aio/ak2loader/
btw, is there any loader that can be used other than the official ones?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
evilhomura89 said:
i think it should work with AKAIO...as long as the akmenu4.nds is placed in _aio/ak2loader/
btw, is there any loader that can be used other than the official ones?

ak2 sends the game name across to the loader the same way no matter the firmware. that is why you can drop in the official loader into the "aio/ak2loader" folder and reap the benefits of the akaio gui but the officially updated loader. there i no other loader out there, so no you can't use another. the rpg does not work the same way and actually has its own loader.

-another world

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pardon my ignorance, but this is the first time i have had to upgrade firmware, can anyone tell me if the is anything special you have to do? or do i just copy and paste everything across replacing any files?

thanks in advance

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
delete the _ak2 folder and the akmenu4.nds and replace them with the new data. if anything changed in the _ak2 folder (like if they removed something) it can cause issues so its best to just replace it all.

@bri: i've only been toying with acekards for the past month i never used bliss' firmware, but i can tell you that this new one looks more like AKAIO... not sure if that helps.

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@UltraMagnus: Depending on what version you're updating from, you may only have to replace akmenu4.nds with the new one.

As Another World said, it might be better to just delete the entire "__ak2" folder and "akmenu4.nds" file and replace everything EXCEPT that you probably want to keep "__ak2/globalsettings.ini" which contains all your settings. If you made any other changes (such as adding skins, updading the cheat database, etc.) you'll want to make sure to keep those files so that you can add them to the updated version.

@Another World: that answers my question, yes (it's still based on Bliss).

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded