AK Team declare AK2.1 more stable

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by OzModChips, Jul 2, 2008.

Jul 2, 2008
  1. OzModChips
    OP

Member OzModChips GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    What is a bad batch? CycloDS had a bad batch, fixed the issue and now 1 in a couple of hundred fail. Thats a bad batch.
    Acekard 2, for us, and im sure others, has had 3~4 bad shipments in a row.

We sent 75 dead ones back to them so they could fix the problem. 3 weeks later we email them to ask how its going, and if they found the fault and the answer was 'HUH?! you sent them back?'

They continue to sell well, and come back.
    Here is the next batch we are about to send back, 195 of them.

[​IMG]

My advice to gbatemp is to avoid them at all costs.
    You get a faulty ak2 and it pisses you off, you get a second fauly 1 and it will destroy you.
    The real pity is that the menu system on the Ak2 is my favorite - its so damn fast, and clean.
    But its really not worth it, even if the damn thing was $5 including shipping for you guys. At the end of the day you want a card that will last the test of time, you dont want to to spend 2 months without a working product!

If enough people avoid their shitty hardware, they will finally get the message and fix the situation. You think after getting 1000s back they would stop production for a second and see the the hell is going on right?
    -------------------

edit:
    Ok, perhaps a bit dramatic.
    They are listening and working on the issue, they are just not big on communication (different time zones, language barrier).
    They do care, they do have the power to be the best of the 'cheaper' flash cards - the next few weeks will be interesting

2. ScuberSteve

ScuberSteve Newbie

Oh man, that's a pretty *sadface* moment right there.
    I guess I'm just lucky with my AK2.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    wow

thats a lot [​IMG]

4. chiseen

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    OMG! Do all bad batches have fat errors? Or is there also something else?

5. OzModChips
    OP

Australia
    First 75 we sent back all said "processing do not turn off" when you clicked a game...and then does nothing

the 195 we have here...
    90% are fat errors
    the rest are

1. when you click a game it says "0011, 111000" etc with a black screen
    2. the DS health screen will freeze when the ak2 is inside on bootup

6. CorruptJon

Member CorruptJon :)

United States
    Holy... that is a lot of faulty cards lol. Hopefully the Acekard team will get their shit together and fix this for you guys...

7. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    what percentage of the batches they came from is that so far?
    retailers should suggest batch no. marking or soemthing for easy traceability and info for customers too.
    You said 4 batches - but does that mean 4 factory batches or 4 deliveries of a massive batch?

8. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Jesus fucking christ! How the...

But I know that OzModChips is a pretty big shop. What's the percentage of the faulty cards? How many of them did you sell that didn't have any defect at all?

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    OK, I haven't expected this to happen, people speak so nicely about their AK2 here....But damn, that's many bad flashcarts on a pile!
    It must be bad for work!!

10. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    @jabjab
    why arnt you calling him a lier & a whiner
    you didnt seem to have a problem calling us names last week.........

11. cracker

Member cracker Nyah!

United States
    Out of curiosity I have to wonder if it is a circuitry issue or possibly the form factor. I've had some instances of 'bad' carts that occurred because of an unnoticeable difference in the depth of the carts. So much so that you would think it wouldn't matter but strangely enough it did. I fixed it by padding the back of the cart with tape or a piece of a sticky note. I realize this is unacceptable to advise the customers to do since it shouldn't be their responsibility to fix it but some customers might rather do that than wait for a replacement if it works.

12. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    HOLY #$^@!! OH MY GOD!

WHY didn't this disaster surface BEFORE I bought my AK2.... jesus.

I am SO disgusted by the way they treat the faulty batches, thanks for informing, albeit it is too late for me.

EDIT: If they found the problem and "fixed" them WHY don't they tell us how??

13. phunk

Newcomer phunk Newbie

United Kingdom
    Gutted ..... just ordered my AK2 from HK last week. Hope its not hosed when it arrives! [​IMG]

14. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    My AK2 (from the AK2 company itself in China) was supposed to arrive at my house, but when they came to deliver it, I wasn't at home [​IMG]
    So I can tell you guys by tomorrow...

15. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    OzModChips may I suggest you post this on their official forums? That oughtta get their attention.

16. OzModChips
    OP

Australia
    what %? I dunno, over 10%

The first 3 batches where, fine...sold so many units without having 1 back...amazing!
    Obviously they changed something.

Batches to us is separate shipments at different times....i don't know if it part of the same production run in their factory.

I'm not trying to kill Ak2 sales....i just dont think its a very good idea to be buying it at the moment. Especially since most of your guys are buying it from HK.....waiting for them to be swapped would be annoying.

We still have to get repalcments for these units, and we still do like the card (software, not hardware!) so we can't be total c^^ts.
    We did that with a wii modchip, and they removed us as an official reseller...hehe

17. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm not sure I understand the title of this thread. It doesn't sound like a lie to me.

Acekard did admit the problem and is apparently trying to fix it. Obviously they haven't been as successful as we'd like. If stores would send them back to Acekard for a refund as you did after discovering the high rate of returns rather than continuing to sell them, it might help light a fire under their feet. Also, if you posted to their site (along with other larger stores) it might help.

I assume when you sent them back they issued you a refund? If so, they must know that you sent them back.

-Bri

18. OzModChips
    OP

Australia
    If you know about an issue, and still keep producing....then.....

19. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Wow, thats poop. I am glad I got my AceKard 2 when it first came out it worked fine that the GUI was amazing it was the best part of the card no doubt. Sorry for the people who have been screwed over by the AceKard team for not fixing the card.

20. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    My impression is that they may very well have tried to fix the problem but failed. I don't see any advantage to them sending out units that they know are faulty unless a significant number of faulty units are never returned.

Otherwise, it's likely costing them a lot of money, particularly if stores like you are returning whole batches of them. Hopefully with enough pressure, they'll continue to work on the problem and will succeed in fixing it.

Unfortunately, the problem seems to occur over time, so I imagine it's difficult to test a new batch to see if it's going to fail or not. I suppose they could stop production entirely until they're 100% certain, but that would certainly cost them a lot of money, and I don't think we want to see Acekard go out of business entirely.

-Bri