FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://hosted.filefront.com/FrostyWolf/2307755

I will be, once a week or whenever there is a major update, be making a ready-to-go firmware file for Acekard 2. It includes updated cheats, AKAiO firmware, the official loader, a web browser that does not require a slot 2 ram pack, Moonshell for media playback and DSOrganize. I take no credit for any of the programs in it, I made none of them or modified them. All I have done is put them all together so if your lazy you can bookmark the above link, and grab everything all updated when ever you need it. You can follow the link, click on the file and then click moreinfo to see a read me of whats included, to see if you need to download it or if you can stay with what you have. Here is the current versions read me:

QUOTE said:
UPDATED: 10/09/08

Moonshell: 1.71 Music/Video/text playback.
Bunjallo: 0.7 Graphical web browser (does not require slot 2 card)
AKAiO: 1.2 Unofficial Menu, much better then official.
MenuOS: 4.09 Official loader, included for compatibility.
Cheats: 10/08/08 Action Replay Cheats.
DSO: 3.2 PDA type software. IRC client.

-------

Installation:

1) Back up all your roms and saves from your Acekard 2. (another world also suggests that for Acekard RPG users to: "...make sure you save the savelistex.bin. if you don't save and replace that file all of your saves will be overwritten when the rpg scans the msd and builds saves. also people might want to save their globalsettings.ini and replace it"

2) Format your MircoSD card. If 4 gigs or less, format FAT with 64 Kilobytes allocation size. If greater then 8 gigs, format FAT32 with largest allocation size.

3) Copy entire directory (except this readme file) on to the Mirco SD card. (optional: once everything is on the MicroSD card, you can right click on the 'DSOrganize' and 'data' folders and set it to hidden for a cleaner Menu)

4) Copy any custom skins into \__aio\ui

5) Copy any roms (and backed up saves) into the provided 'Roms' folder, or organize them however you want.

-------

F-Wolf's Notes: http://hosted.filefront.com/FrostyWolf/2307755

10/09/08 - Fourth public release.
10/09/08 - Tweaked readme a bit.
10/09/08 - Updated Cheats.
10/09/08 - Added Moonshell from acekard official page.
10/08/08 - Third public release.
10/08/08 - Edited readme file a bit.
10/08/08 - Added simple red/blue/green/orange skins to bundle. (Made by voRia, found on acekard homepage)
10/08/08 - Added Another World's advice to read me.
10/08/08 - Second public release.
10/08/08 - Added Web Browser (Bunjallo) for next release.
10/07/08 - Changed irc to default to Gbatemp.net (thanks VatoLoco) for next release.
10/07/08 - First public release!

-------

AKAiO: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=100910

K-AIO 1.2
+ New AKRPG/AK2 Detection Routine which has proven to be much better
+ Cheat Update functions run from plugin, giving full memory access to it and allowing updates without full AKAIO updates
- Can choose to download USRCHEAT.DAT or CHEATS.XML and whether or not to display "Whats New" before launching
- Should be much more stable, perhaps a teeny bit faster
- Third option in "which cheat file to download" box displays the setting window at plugin launch, can be used for future expansion
+ Preliminary AK+ Support. Very preliminary. As in, no help offered but know it's still being worked on (See: AK+ SUPPORT)
+ New Experimental Cheat engine for AK2 and AKRPG, please report any bugs
+ EZIV compatiblity fixed without need for special line in globalsettings.ini
+ Scrolling Non-unicode Cheats/Notes, toggle in Advanced Options (default: on)
- Can also call cheat window in ROM Properties with SELECT (if button is visible)
+ Simple Internal Text Reader
- System Settings -> TXT Viewer
- Parses text, add bookmarks with X, scroll between bookmarks with L/R Buttons
- Not as fast as native TXT plugin due to pre-processing of text files, perhaps if we had the TXT Plugin source things could be done, but that would make sense.
+ Listview mode remembered
+ 3in1 Support should be fixed, with thanks to cory1492 for testing
+ GBA Frame issue with Slot-2 booting from main list fixed
+ Asian languages should be better supported, since we're compiling the menu with DevKitARM 21
+ Variable Height Scrollbars and clickable arrows in cheat window/internal TXT viewer. 3 new BMPs for skinning: scrollbar_t.bmp/scrollbar_m.bmp/scrollbar_b.bmp
+ Super awesome hidden poweroff button in help window, add your own "poweroff.bmp" to "__aio" for fun

-------

MenuOS: http://www.acekard.com/download.php

Fixed 2699 (Sonic RPG)

-------

Cheats: http://cheats.gbatemp.net/

Cheats Update 10-08-08
New Games Added:
FIFA 09 (E)
Naruto Ninja Council 2 (E)
Zubo (E)

New Codes Added:
From The Abyss (U)
Lock's Quest (U)
Pokemon: Platinum (J)
Spore Creatures (U)
N+ (U)
-------

DSO: http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

* Added multi track support to SID files (finally!).
* Added support for the gbs file format.
* Added confirmations to text editor on save or exit.
* Added /describe to irc.
* Added basic cookie support.
* Tied Y to the stop function on the web browser.
* Changed IRC receive mode to hopefully squash memory error.
* Changed internet enabled applications to allow downloading/processing while the lid is closed.
* Decreased memory footprint to allow larger images to load again.
* Fixed annual dates causing every day to underline in some cases.
* Fixed e^x freezing in some instances.
* Fixed inconsistent save message on scribble screen.
* Fixed IRC bug that appeared while typing with fixed width irc.
* Fixed aac/mp3 streams skipping sometimes.
* Fixed bad font characters in the smallest font.
* Fixed a html rendering crash with css pages.
* Fixed random crash that happened when switching tabs in web browser.
* Fixed garbage display in hbdb if you cancelled the list then pressed left or right.
* Fixed graphical issues with themes loaded.

-------

Bunjallo: http://gbatemp.net/?act=ST&f=116&t=107294

Changes 0.7:
User visible changes
Added inline images Add "images" option to config to turn on/off inline images Show images as they download Image: Fix some JPEG and GIF crashes Recognise image/jpg alternate MIME type Fix flickering when scrolling to top or bottom (issue 70) Some small performance improvements (issue 55) Show GPL Licence on splash screen correctly Fix HTTPS pages Development stuff:
Doxygen cleanups Add debugging options (google-perftools and gcov) Changed the installation from source Update build system to waf-1.5 (use waf trunk) Known issues:
GIFs are not fully supported - no anims, not all types No way to save images unless they are linked to Show/hide bookmarks still flickers Progress bar doesn't refresh correctly on unzip and save-as

-------

Moonshell: http://www.acekard.com/download.php

NOTE: If you are tryin to convert video to NDS format, I suggest the program SUPER.
Super offical website: http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html
Download Mirror: http://hosted.filefront.com/FrostyWolf/

Once again:
I take no credit for any of these programs. I am simply providing a place you can get them all in one and ready to go if your lazy.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI...DSOrganize 3.1129 is a more stable release.
You may want to consider adding it to your pack instead of 3.2
smile.gif

Also, you could make the IRC to go to the GBAtemp IRC

set config.ini like this:

QUOTE said:
[IRC]

; These settings change your irc options.
Nick=*YourNick
AltNick=*Your_Nick
Server=irc.gbatemp.net:5190
AutoConnect=true

and this in autoperform.txt:
QUOTE/j #gbatemp.net

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
Just FYI...DSOrganize 3.1129 is a more stable release.
You may want to consider adding it to your pack instead of 3.2
smile.gif

I will research and decide which one will stay in the pack for the next update, thanks for the info.

QUOTEAlso, you could make the IRC to go to the GBAtemp IRC
Good idea, will do that as well.

Added web browser and Vatoloco suggested IRC tweaks, see first topic.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you are using an rpg and you delete/add a new firmware update for akaio make sure you save the savelistex.bin. if you don't save and replace that file all of your saves will be overwritten when the rpg scans the msd and builds saves. also people might want to save their globalsettings.ini and replace it.

-another world

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
if you are using an rpg and you delete/add a new firmware update for akaio make sure you save the savelistex.bin. if you don't save and replace that file all of your saves will be overwritten when the rpg scans the msd and builds saves. also people might want to save their globalsettings.ini and replace it.

-another world

Very good advice AnotherWorld...
It's no fun having all yer saves or whatnot end up gone....

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:

-another world

I'll add this to the read me. Its hard for me to support the RPG tho without owning one. I also believe you would have to delete the Official OsMenu firmware located in '\__aio\ak2loader' that I included in the bundle. Or maybe you could leave it, not sure. I know a ton of people with Acekard 2's, one person with a M3 Real, and that's it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've been told by norm when updating firmwares to delete the entire _aio folder from the nand root. but this is because some of the beta builds have files missing or added to the folder. so as to not risk breaking anything the advice is to replace the entire folder. if the firmware version stays the same but you are adding new homebrew apps to the mix you wouldn't have to replace the entire _aio folder.

@frosty: i set up an #acekard chan on irc.gbatemp.net :5190. norm idles there as does smiths at times. you can always come in to ask questions in regards to the rpg. i'm there also and its easier to talk in real time..

for more information: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108277

-another world

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i've been told by norm when updating firmwares to delete the entire _aio folder from the nand root. but this is because some of the beta builds have files missing or added to the folder. so as to not risk breaking anything the advice is to replace the entire folder. if the firmware version stays the same but you are adding new homebrew apps to the mix you wouldn't have to replace the entire _aio folder.

@frosty: i set up an #acekard chan on irc.gbatemp.net :5190. norm idles there as does smiths at times. you can always come in to ask questions in regards to the rpg. i'm there also and its easier to talk in real time..

for more information: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108277

-another world

I'll be in there also from this point on, if anyone has any questions/suggestions.

FrostyWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
Moonshell would be a good addition.

Here's Rudolphs Moonshell soft-reset for RPG
...the normal soft reset doesnt work on RPG, I dunno 'bout AK2

Added moonshell and updated cheats, see first post.

Also removed 10/08/08v2 from archive, noticed there was a mistake when it was rar'ed up. Nothing that will break anything, but there are doubles of some files making it a bit larger then it has to be. So if your using that version you might want to upgrade.

zincsterio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about formatting the microsd. I'm getting a 4gb, I heard you should format it as FAT32 instead of FAT which is suggested here. What's the pro/con either way?

Thanks.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds good.

But are there any pictures?

I want to visualize what it looks like, before I put it on my DS ahaha. It would probably be more helpful, as well as more attractive.

Thanks for the efforts.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
put the acekard4.nds file in the _aio/ak2loader folder and it will allow you to use the akaio gui but launch roms with that loader. this only works for ak2 because on the rpg the way the game name is transfered over before it hits the loader is different.

-another world

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sort of confused.

So this is like an ultimate firmware that incorporates AKAIO but adding such things like Moonshell, Bunjaloo as plugins?

I guess the only way to try it out is to test it, but I'm so lazy during the week ahaha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk