AK 2.1 vs AK 2i for NDSL (same price)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by D1Ann, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009
  1. D1Ann
    OP

Newcomer D1Ann Newbie

Netherlands
    Hi there!
    I'm lookin in to buying eighter a AK 2.1 of a AK 2i for my NDSL. At the moment I can get them both at the same price. So the question is simple, which one do you guys recon is better for a NDSL
    if price/shipping/etc. isnt an option?

On the one hand the AK 2i looks alot more durable but then it's quite new and perhaps buggy/less reliable?

What do you guys recon?

ps.
    I'm not planning on buying a DSi down the road.
    Thanks again!

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Well...really, they're basically identical. Might be more worth it to go with the 2i, because it works with the DSi. Even if you don't plan to buy one anytime in the near future, you might as well just get the 2i...
    BTW, where are you gonna buy it from? Personally, I like dealextreme.com because they're super-cheap, but they just take ages to ship.

3. D1Ann
    OP

Newcomer D1Ann Newbie

Netherlands
    Well despite what my little flag says, I'm not based in the US but in the Netherlands (prob. overlooked it during registering). so I'm just buying it at the only website that looks reliable (and is quite cheap aswell so thats not a problem. [​IMG])

4. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Dealextreme may look kinda shady, seeing as how they're so cheap, but they're actually quite reliable. I've hardly heard anything bad other than the fact it takes awhile to ship. They ship worldwide for free too. ...but I guess you can buy it wherever you want. It's not like I'm some advertiser or anything. [​IMG]

5. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Well unless you already have a micro SD card, buy your cartridge with one, if you're not planning to buy a DSi in the future buy the Acekard 2.1, however if you do decide to get a DSi the Acekard 2i will probably have stopped working on the new firmware by then, unless somebody releases a new bootloader...

6. D1Ann
    OP

Newcomer D1Ann Newbie

Netherlands
    well I'm not a hardcore gamer or anyting so my plan is just to have my NDSL with a flashcard and use it for the next 5 years [​IMG]
    So I'm purely looking to use it for my NDSL. I'm just wondering which one is better reliablity/compatiablity wise.

@Da-Bomb1
    I'm going on holiday in like a week and I'd love to have the cardridge by then so I recon buying it local is a better option then [​IMG]

7. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The 2.1's build quality has been fixed so it is now equivalent to the 2i's build quality.

If you can get one of the above, get the 2i. I mean, they're both the same price, so why not get something that may solve a problem in the future?

8. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    Well, if you need it in a week, Dealextreme isn't for you, only because it takes f o r e v e r to get there (I ordered one on the 16th of last month, and it just shipped on July 2nd, according to tracking records).

9. D1Ann
    OP

Newcomer D1Ann Newbie

Netherlands
    Well I'm leaning to the 2i now, just a quick headsup which might change your advice,
    I recon the shop I'm getting it from will not have the latest batch (prob. one of the earliers once) so I don't know if that matters reliablity-wise for eighter of the two

10. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Hm...I heard that some of the earlier 2i's had some problems.