OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm working on a little project and i require some information from the community.

acekard 2.1 hwid80 (all 3 pcb colors), i need the following information...

1) what color pcb do you have (so i can keep the info straight)
2) is your shell clipped or glued?
3) is your msd slot spring loaded or not?
4) ever have any 2.1 contact issues? (if yes -- cart, msd, or both?)

thanks!
-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You realise you don't have photo's of the inside of the HW81 AK2i's shell?

IMG_3355.jpg

I'm happy to take photo's of the inside of both halves of the shell, but i'm not PM'ing them. I don't do PMs. But I can't do it until tommorrow, as it's dark (ity's a 6 year old camera) and the photo above is crap.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thats not what this is about. this project has nothing to do with the other one. this is information gathering for something different. acekard isn't responding to emails and i need the information i asked for above.

hwid 80 green pcb - clip shell, spring loaded, no contact issues
hwid 80 black pcb - clip shell, spring loaded, no contact issues.

thats what i have infront of me, i've been told there were glued shells and no springs in the recent batches. i need to find out the truth.

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
thats not what this is about. this project has nothing to do with the other one. this is information gathering for something different. acekard isn't responding to emails and i need the information i asked for above.

-another world
I know it's not, but i've no idea where your other thread is. It's slipped down the pages.

I was only offering, and besides I was under the impression this was to with the contacts. I thought it might be valuabe for you to have a high res photo of the AK2i shell to compare against the AK2.1 so you can compare the difference as the AK2i suffers from it much more.

As for the spring, some of these are shipped with the MicroSD card in the 'locked' position. Some of those that use them won't be aware they actually have spring loaded slots.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i know for a fact team acekard removed the springs at one point, because they told me so. but i don't know if that change was in any of the 2.1 builds. there goal was to ship only guled non-spring loaded 2.1s by the time the blue pcb came out. then they went back to the black pcb and started to ship the 2i. i lost track.

thats why i'm asking for the info now.

-another world

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
As for the spring, some of these are shipped with the MicroSD card in the 'locked' position. Some of those that use them won't be aware they actually have spring loaded slots.

When I said that I was refering to "i've been told there were glued shells and no springs in the recent batches. i need to find out the truth." which I took to mean they are using the same shells as the AK2i.

I wasn't suggesting it for older batches, I defer to your greater knowledge of them.

It's very easy for someone to mistake, which is why I thought the person who told you the latest batch may not be spring loaded may have been mistaken.

linkinworm said:
QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Apr 14 2010, 02:42 AM) I believe that many of those which don't have springs, do actually have springs. I imagine there will be some that are shipped with the MicroSD card slot in the locked position like in the post above, if it arrived in that position you might never realise it was actually spring loaded.

If I were a retailer i'd probably ship them all in that state, it would atleast stop the returns until after you could fob them off.
turns out it was like this lol. ah well, i just havnt released the spring. but tbh, i have all the games on my card that i want so i dont need to keep taking it out anyway

You can also see in 0SZ's photos their AK2.1 is spring loaded, and they claim that is from a 'new' batch. Likewise you can tell from the PCB that it was taken out of a clip style shell. The same goes for AK2.1 from the 'bad batch' they photographed.

RockStar has a thread which may help you (but probably not) if you haven't seen it http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218948

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so tk_saturn took this thread off-topic rather quickly. i still need this information from you guys who own these cards. i don't want speculation based on some images on the net or what is currently being sold.

i really need this info for a soon to be posted official project at the temp.

team acekard has been difficult to get in contact with. they once told me that they wanted to stop the production of all clipped shells and spring loaded msd slots. i need to know if they actually did this. if anyone out there has a 2.1 that has a glued shell and is non-spring loaded, please let me know.

i'm looking for confirmation from more than a few people so i can post some info as factual. otherwise i can't post it, if i can't back it up.

again this is what i need

just information, no pictures. feel free to PM me if you like.

thanks,
-another world

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
again this is what i need

just information, no pictures. feel free to PM me if you like.

thanks,
-another world

1) Black
2) Clipped
3) Spring Loaded
4) No, although I don't use it much since I also have a AK2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all