Homebrew AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, FW, cheats and more directly from the Switch

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Oh wow, this tool is gold in its purest state.
I can't believe how easy it is to use, thank you so much.

Suggestions:
- Make it so the name of the files won't get cut off by the screen if they are too long, either limiting the amount of characters that will show or having an option to see the full file name by pressing a different key or maybe lowering the font size.
- When downloading a firmware, add the following text under "Extracting...": It may seem to freeze sometimes but it's still going.
- Make it so the screen remains active while it's downloading/extracting/installing a file.

Last edited by Zkajavier,

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same doubt of linuxares, between the gap of download firmware and install firmware there is a check of md5 files to know if some is corrupted?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same doubt of linuxares, between the gap of download firmware and install firmware there is a check of md5 files to know if some is corrupted?
This doesn't install the firmware, simply extract it. There isn't a check, but DayBreak does its own check I believe

How do you preserve modified config files?
For now you can't, but I'll add it very soon

Awesome!
Thanks for the work you put into.

From which site are you getting the cheats?
Gbatemp!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh wow, this tool is gold in its purest state.
I can't believe how easy it is to use, thank you so much.

Suggestions:
- Make it so the name of the files won't get cut off by the screen if they are too long, either limiting the amount of characters that will show or having an option to see the full file name by pressing a different key or maybe lowering the font size.
- When downloading a firmware, add the following text under "Extracting...": It may seem to freeze sometimes but it's still going.
- Make it so the screen remains active while it's downloading/extracting/installing a file.
Ah man, I thought the screen already remained active. I set up the app to media mode when working, but I never actually tested it worked fine. I'm fix it. Taking the rest into consideration too

kickmeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
wow finally with borealis, maybe with overlays also to manage generate color of joycons? thanks for ur work btw

drivel2787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this automatically overwrite the existing files or only put the new files into the SD card?

Does it only download the new files to the switch and not overwrite existing? After the download do you have to click something to update/install? Thinking about giving this a shot tomorrow morning. Will post back results. Just upgraded to 14.3 atmosphere the other day and see there's a new release so want to try this nice looking tool out to see if it makes keeping up to date easier! Thanks for the great work. Will report back my experience.

Last edited by drivel2787,

drivel2787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so works good. Only question I have now after updating Atmosphere and hekate, I go into settings and system, there shows a "System Update" I'm assuming I should not do this? Anyone else run into this? The other thing I notice is it overwrote the hekate_ipl.ini file. It now shows:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

I do not use emuMMC. So I removed this without causing any issues on boot. Just curious about the "System Update" As it shows that now and not the version of the OS.

Last edited by drivel2787,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does this automatically overwrite the existing files or only put the new files into the SD card?

Does it only download the new files to the switch and not overwrite existing? After the download do you have to click something to update/install? Thinking about giving this a shot tomorrow morning. Will post back results. Just upgraded to 14.3 atmosphere the other day and see there's a new release so want to try this nice looking tool out to see if it makes keeping up to date easier! Thanks for the great work. Will report back my experience.
It overwrite existing everything, but by tomorrow it will ask whether you want to overwrite .ini files (I've wrote the thing but I need to test it on the Switch). The program asks you to confirm the download, but once you accepts it downloads and extract. Firmware are downloaded and extracted, but not installed

Ok so works good. Only question I have now after updating Atmosphere and hekate, I go into settings and system, there shows a "System Update" I'm assuming I should not do this? Anyone else run into this? The other thing I notice is it overwrote the hekate_ipl.ini file. It now shows:

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

I do not use emuMMC. Can I remove this from the ini without causing issues?
yeah I'm sorry about ini overwriting, an oversight on my part since I leave everything but exosphere on the default values. Will be fixed in a couple of hours

Reactions: laz305 and f0li0

drivel2787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It overwrite existing everything, but by tomorrow it will ask whether you want to overwrite .ini files (I've wrote the thing but I need to test it on the Switch). The program asks you to confirm the download, but once you accepts it downloads and extract. Firmware are downloaded and extracted, but not installed

yeah I'm sorry about ini overwriting, an oversight on my part since I leave everything but exosphere on the default values. Will be fixed in a couple of hours

It's all good no problem. I mean I updated it and it's working. EXCELLENT TOOL! So much quicker and easier to keep Atmosphere and hekate up to date so THANKS SO MUCH for your efforts on this!

I'm just curious now that I've updated the system shows a "system update" available? Should I not do this? I don't want to brick my switch. Is this an actual update to the stock OS?

Reactions: Boosh

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's all good no problem. I mean I updated it and it's working. EXCELLENT TOOL! So much quicker and easier to keep Atmosphere and hekate up to date so THANKS SO MUCH for your efforts on this!

I'm just curious now that I've updated the system shows a "system update" available? Should I not do this? I don't want to brick my switch. Is this an actual update to the stock OS?
Not sure, but certainly not caused by my tool. It just downloads and extracts, like you would if you used a computer and did it manually. it's not doing anything with the system. I'm sorry but I can't help you here

drivel2787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, but certainly not caused by my tool. It just downloads and extracts, like you would if you used a computer and did it manually. it's not doing anything with the system. I'm sorry but I can't help you here

Gotcha might be because I connected to WiFi to be able to download the updates it hit the system and is now showing an update. Won't show the atmosphere version anymore. Has anyone else ran into this and how should I handle it? I'm afraid my ten year old will accidentally hit the update when promoted and something will end up jacked up. Just trying to avoid that lol

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gotcha might be because I connected to WiFi to be able to download the updates it hit the system and is now showing an update. Won't show the atmosphere version anymore. Has anyone else ran into this and how should I handle it? I'm afraid my ten year old will accidentally hit the update when promoted and something will end up jacked up. Just trying to avoid that lol
Ah yes, it's advised to use 90DNS or prodinfo blanking before going online. Looks like you connected to Nintendo's servers and downloaded the update. I believe there is a way to remove the update or at least the notification, but I don't know much about that

drivel2787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, it's advised to use 90DNS or prodinfo blanking before going online. Looks like you connected to Nintendo's servers and downloaded the update. I believe there is a way to remove the update or at least the notification, but I don't know much about that

Gotcha that's what I figured. Anyone know how to handle this? I posted the question as well on another part of the forum to get some help

drivel2787

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got 90 DNS setup. Entering into maintenance mode cleared the system update. So it has been resolved. If anyone else runs into this just setup 90 DNS, then go into maintenance mode, exit out, boot back up, and update prompt is gone!

Reactions: Boosh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu