Homebrew RELEASE AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, Sigpatches, FW and cheats directly from the Switch

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No need to do that. In hekate's code, it'll check the payload you used to push hekate and compare it to update.bin and whichever one is newer will be used
Thanks, that’s what I thought, but was not sure. As I use the availability of the RCM loader one to have multiple payloads and switch between them when needed, I always update it for the payloads I use ( Hekate, Atmosphere, Sxos, Lock-pick RCM, TegraExplorer).
BTW , could someone explain me why Hekate is claimed by Blawar as the worst bootloader ? 🤔

Last edited by Maupiti,

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I strongly disagree with routinely deleting the atmosphere folder. There are multiple custom settings in there, along with cheats, mods, sysmodules etc. Sysmodules might cause crashes when outdated, which is why my program can disable them, and you are warned about themes after downloading an sysupdate. As for outdated mods, this is simply out of scope for the app. Deleting everything because a game update is incompatible with a mod is overkill anyways.
At the first launch and after every update, a screen pops up informing the user that they should still know how to update and how to troubleshoot even when using aio.

Not only that, the official way to update atmosphere is to drag and drop the latest release to the root of your SD card, my app mimics that
Can you explain, what exactly happens on the sd filesystem, when aio-updater "disables sysmodules"? Will a directory be deleted or what exactly happens then?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you explain, what exactly happens on the sd filesystem, when aio-updater "disables sysmodules"? Will a directory be deleted or what exactly happens then?
It deletes the boot2.flag file in each sysmodule directory. That is an empty file that, when it exists, lets Atmosphere know that it should start the sysmodule on boot

Reactions: Maupiti and MSco

Ramdel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all, thanks for this amazing tool.

I tried to update Atmosphere and everything went fine, but after the "special payload" message, my Switch won't turn on anymore. I'm a completely beginner at this, so please forgive me if I'm asking something stupid, but what should I do now?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First of all, thanks for this amazing tool.

I tried to update Atmosphere and everything went fine, but after the "special payload" message, my Switch won't turn on anymore. I'm a completely beginner at this, so please forgive me if I'm asking something stupid, but what should I do now?
Try deleting/renaming your atmosphere/contents folder and injecting Hekate/fusee again

Ramdel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Try deleting/renaming your atmosphere/contents folder and injecting Hekate/fusee again
Thank you!

Sorry, I didn't explain myself enough. I can't boot my Switch when I press the ON button, so I can't get it into RCM mode and inject any payloads. After the update, the screen turned off and it won't turn on again.

I fear the worst, so there is something I can do to bring it back to life?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you!

Sorry, I didn't explain myself enough. I can't boot my Switch when I press the ON button, so I can't get it into RCM mode and inject any payloads. After the update, the screen turned off and it won't turn on again.

I fear the worst, so there is something I can do to bring it back to life?
No need to fear anything, your switch is fine. Do you have auto RCM enabled? Regardless, press the power button for 12+ seconds and try again

Ramdel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No need to fear anything, your switch is fine. Do you have auto RCM enabled? Regardless, press the power button for 12+ seconds and try again
Thanks a bunch, Homlet!

Now I realized my question was indeed stupid... I pressed the power button for +12 seconds and it worked. I then deleted the atmosphere/contents folder and did the whole process again. This time it rebooted fine and now I have the latest version of Atmosphere. I realized when I first tried updating it, the Switch was connected to my PC the whole time. Could it be that what caused the issue? Either way, it's already solved and I can't thank you enough for making this tool. It's perfect for n00bs like me. Thanks again!

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a bunch, Homlet!

Now I realized my question was indeed stupid... I pressed the power button for +12 seconds and it worked. I then deleted the atmosphere/contents folder and did the whole process again. This time it rebooted fine and now I have the latest version of Atmosphere. I realized when I first tried updating it, the Switch was connected to my PC the whole time. Could it be that what caused the issue? Either way, it's already solved and I can't thank you enough for making this tool. It's perfect for n00bs like me. Thanks again!
I'm not sure what happened. My app uses a special payload, did you notice some yellow text quickly flashing on your screen the first time you used to app to update atmosphere? Either way I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks for the kind words too

Ramdel

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not sure what happened. My app uses a special payload, did you notice some yellow text quickly flashing on your screen the first time you used to app to update atmosphere? Either way I'm glad you figured it out. Thanks for the kind words too
No, the yellow text only flashed the second time. The first time I used the app, nothing flashed/popped up after the special payload confirmation message. I waited for a few minutes, but the screen remained as dark as my thoughts back then. I tried pressing the power button and, as it didn't turn on (I don't have autoRCM enabled), I panicked. You know the rest of the story. Thanks for all your help!

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated everything using this but now my game carts cant be played, I get the message
"The game could not be read. Please remove and reinsert. If this message reappears repeatedly , it may mean the game card or console are malfunctioning"

Any ideas?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated everything using this but now my game carts cant be played, I get the message
"The game could not be read. Please remove and reinsert. If this message reappears repeatedly , it may mean the game card or console are malfunctioning"

Any ideas?
You must disable nogc, either in atmosphere/config/BTC.ini or through hekate if you use the latter

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pretty sure Im using atmosphere.

I think I disabled it by adding nogc = 0 at the bottom of the BCT file in the config folder, still getting that message though

alright, show me the content of atmosphere/config/BTC.ini and, if you have it, bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
Heres the Config ones

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33