1. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    No one should be buying a SX OS license to use any of that. fusee-primary works just fine with tinfoil. Hekate can still do its job to boot into anything and SXOS can be left in the dust for being a way to play pirated games / used to cheat your games even though there are free homebrew tools that can do the same but better

2. Homlet

OP Homlet GBAtemp Regular

France
    ok? What I'm saying is that fss0 is fine and blawar's hatred for it isn't reason enough to not use it

Codify likes this.
  3. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    so im like in atmos 9.1 or something, am i too far back to use this tool?

4. JFizDaWiz

JFizDaWiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    atmosphere doesn't allow updating on the switch anymore, you need to pull your SD card out and install it.

5. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This homebrew reboots to a payload to finish replacing the files from the zip then uses the reboot_payload.bin in your atmosphere folder. So yes you can. Deepsea also does too.

6. Homlet

France
    It should be ok. I think I remember atmosphere changed its file structure a little while back but it should be fine still.

7. sith

sith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    hey there, i made a separate post about this, but after using your software and updating ams and hekate, saying not to update ini files, I can not get the hbmenu to work, it gives me the "software closed unknown error" msg, everything else seems fine all nsps boot but no matter how i try to launch hbl it gives me the error. any ideas?

8. bonoboy

bonoboy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Update sigpatches from same app, you'd have to enter homebrew using the photos galery holding R button

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Whenever you update cfw, you'll have to update sigpatches as well. Keep that in mind

9. sith

sith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    yes of course, i did this in the app too, and then again afterwards with different sigpatches all resulted in the same thing, games all work just not the hb menu.

10. Homlet

France
    that's odd. What AMS version do system settings say you're on? Have you tried rebooting? Also maybe somehow homebrew menu didn't get overwritten and changes were made to it, so you can try getting a hbmenu.nro from the ams release and putting it in the root

11. sith

sith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    i tryed with a fresh hbmenu.nro and many reboots/config changes, sys settings shows " 11.0.1|AMS M.17.1|S " also tryed launching a few homebrew installed nsps like psnes and a2mr and they work, but i can't get hbmenu to work via any method.

probably not important but i have a v1 switch with 256gb internal mem, 400gb sd, burnt fuses for 7.0.1, autorcm.
    no disrespect but i really wish i just updated manually and avoided auto updaters as usual :(

Last edited by sith, Jan 24, 2021
  12. Homlet

France
    I'm sorry to hear, and that's the first time I've heard of something like that. You could always just update manually now, but I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you do it cleanly now (delete atmopshere + sept + bootloader + hbmenu.nro) it should be good to go.
    I'm don't see how my homebrew could have been causing it, especially since other homebrew works for you, but maybe one file didn't get copied properly or something. Do let me know when you manage to get it working

13. sith

sith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok i will try that now, gonna delete everything but nintendo folders and rebuild manully from scratch, i do have a feeling it is something old mixing with something new causing incompatibility, i havent done that since like 7.0.1 when i installed the 256gb nand so its been due, will report back in a bit.

also I want to say thanks for your effort in building this homebrew and helping dumb users like me sort their problems, don't let it discourage you, it was working fine on 11.0.1 with the older AMS so it may not even be your software that caused this could be a AMS config issue.

14. Homlet

France
    what was version were you on previously? if it was a very old ams, that could be that. Also no need to delete your switch folder or anything, atmosphere + sept + bootloader should be enough

Last edited by Homlet, Jan 24, 2021
  15. sith

sith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok that got if working again, deleted those folders, transfered deepsea, sigpatches, made edits to hetake_ipl.ini, bct.ini and override_config.ini now everything works again if i boot fs-primary.bin.

except the same thing where i cant boot hbl if i boot up with hetake, do i need kip1patch=nosigchk in hetake_ipl.ini or something?
    I'm gonna try aio-updater again and see if it breaks. will report back

16. Homlet

France
    I'm not quite sure, I'm not very knowledgeable on the intricacies of config files tbh, and there are better people to ask. But I'm glad you're making progress.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

here's my hekate_ipl in case you want to compare
    Code:
    [config]
    autoboot=2
    autoboot_list=0
    bootwait=3
    backlight=100
    autohosoff=0
    autonogc=1
    updater2p=1
    bootprotect=0

[CFW - sysMMC]
    fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    atmosphere=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    emummc_force_disable=1
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
    kip1patch=nosigchk
    emummcforce=1
    atmosphere=1
    logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock - sysMMC]
    emummc_force_disable=1
    stock=1
    icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

17. Codify

Codify Member
    Newcomer

Which "nice" homebrew app is that?

18. sith

sith Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    ok i think i realized I made a stupid error in your app, your description of the sigpatches states to choose correctly but i understood it as a choice of one or both not one or the other. if i choose the hekate sigpatches and reboot i get this behaviour. Is there a sigpatch combo that lets either boot option(fsprimary(fss0) and hekate) both work?

you know its blawar's tinfoil, tell us how you feel :)

19. Homlet

France
    hekate works with both

20. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    if you weren't stuck in shit websites like gbatemp, you would know this "nice" homebrew is Tinfoil from Blawar. Capable of doing a lot of unique stuff that others can't do

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sigpatches, directly, Updater