• Replies 20,434
  • Likes 178

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have
guys I got the esp32 board, but when I try to flash the .bin it remains in "connection" how can I solve?
in the device manager the esp is in usb serial device (com3)
You put it in download ? mode try pressing the boot and reset buttons

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guys I got the esp32 board, but when I try to flash the .bin it remains in "connecting" how can I solve?
in the device manager the esp is in usb serial device (com3)

View attachment 311091
Did you put the ESP32 into flashing mode? Mine has two buttons labeled "RST" (Reset) and "0". I have to either hold "0" while connecting to PC, or after connecting hold "0", press "RST", release "RST", then release "0".
Afterwards I can flash just fine.

Reactions: Leon90xs

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ive used 3 different flash drives, as small as 500mb

None want to work
You followed all steps at https://github.com/ChendoChap/pOOBs4 to the letter without skipping anything and using the proper image (not pico)?
I'm using an 8GB Intenso USB3 stick on the right front port of the PS4 Pro. Sometimes had to retry 2-3 times, reboot, then try again for it to work.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
i always thought you had to see the unsupported USB option and wait for it to fade out. then i usually wait another 3 or 4 seconds and hit OK. success rate still is above 90%

and i have a crappy 256MB flash drive from about 10 years ago that's one of those generic ones companies use for branding and giveaways.

it may actually only be 128MB

GrainofSound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try a different flash drive, a small one. I hear good things about compatibility with the SanDisk cruzer.
Could you point me to a tutorial on updating from 5.05 to 9, with what you said in mind? I really don't want to brick, and I haven't seen a trustworthy tutorial on how to do it.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you point me to a tutorial on updating from 5.05 to 9, with what you said in mind? I really don't want to brick, and I haven't seen a trustworthy tutorial on how to do it.
I would stick to 5.05 if possible.

Tutorial: update to 9.00 via usb, you won’t brick, follow the front page for more details.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
i was bored so i changed the remote play icon
1653401562000.png

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would stick to 5.05 if possible.

Tutorial: update to 9.00 via usb, you won’t brick, follow the front page for more details.
just out of curiosity why should one stay on 5.05? (maybe in case of a cfw breakthrough for 5.05?)
i thought 9.00 is the new golden fw

xZenithy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just out of curiosity why should one stay on 5.05? (maybe in case of a cfw breakthrough for 5.05?)
Yup, right now is the only reason to stay on 5.05. I have 2 PS4 one on 5.05 and other 9.00 and there is no color...
I'm counting the days to upgrade the 5.05 to 9.0 if by end of year there isn't a cfw to test...

Reactions: rantex92

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
5.05 is best in terms of stability and ease of jailbreak. I think 9.00 will see a nonUSB jailbreak soon. But any <7.55 users should get more tools and interesting things a lot sooner than 9.00 ever will, so it’s best to hang tight. As for backports, it’s possible to use 9.00 dumps and backport them yourself, it’s tricky for some games, easier for others. The big games get backports reasonably quickly via backport893 and cyber on Twitter/Reddit.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ive used 3 different flash drives, as small as 500mb

None want to work
That’s why for this exploit, when I did the Jump from 6.72 to 9.00, I straight went the “road” of PizeroW/2W and esp32-S2 projects.
I’ve tested quite a lot of host, but all are based on the same exploit. Just better code for some.
Failure to run the exploit on my side are very rare and never end up on a KP or freeze, using esp32-S2 or Pizero2w.
Best times I got are about 5-6 secs.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You followed all steps at https://github.com/ChendoChap/pOOBs4 to the letter without skipping anything and using the proper image (not pico)?
I'm using an 8GB Intenso USB3 stick on the right front port of the PS4 Pro. Sometimes had to retry 2-3 times, reboot, then try again for it to work.
Followed everything to the T with no dice. Finally got desperate and started trying other things.

Eventually found sucess with an ancient 16mb SD card flashed with the pico image and connected to the console with a USB card reader.

I still regret updating.

• Haha
Reactions: ZeroT21
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Works for me.