Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
AlAzif payloads 3.50-9.60: https://anonfiles.com/Z2EcO0gcy9

Don’t worry, they’re just prepped for 9.60 offsets, there is no public exploit yet…

historically these have been a good prelude. but i mean if you're on 9.0 now and update you're an idiot. it took months between 7.55 and 9.0 and in the meantime a catalog of games/updates/dlc were released that <= 7.55 couldn't touch and then one magical day they suddenly became available.

then the next one drops, there's an even bigger catalog. until then.... do sudoku or something

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
1652856253125.png
welp the 01.11 patch is now a fpkg yep the patch is on 9.50 but now its working on 9.00 jailbreak

• Wow
Reactions: Mo Poge

Nepho

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys.
I have a PS4 where I dumped my discs, created fpkg's from those dumps and installed them back to the console. After that, I used Apps2USB to move them to an external drive.
I got a new PS4 Pro, is there a way to use that external hard drive on this new PS4? or do I have to go trough the whole process of installing to the console and moving to an external drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.
I have a PS4 where I dumped my discs, created fpkg's from those dumps and installed them back to the console. After that, I used Apps2USB to move them to an external drive.
I got a new PS4 Pro, is there a way to use that external hard drive on this new PS4? or do I have to go trough the whole process of installing to the console and moving to an external drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't think you can with app2usb, should've used extended storage. You can with that.

Reactions: 1controller

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think it is possible if used hen 1.8 or above to install just plug it in the new cosole and load hen
@Leeful nows it better ask him
that I don't know, but afaik, all app2usb is is a symlink between the internal hdd and the external hdd, which is the problem. you can't reuse the internal hdd.

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

I don't think you can with app2usb, should've used extended storage. You can with that.

think it is possible if used hen 1.8 or above to install just plug it in the new cosole and load hen
@Leeful nows it better ask him

that I don't know, but afaik, all app2usb is is a symlink between the internal hdd and the external hdd, which is the problem. you can't reuse the internal hdd.
Games on an app2usb drive will not work on a different PS4 but games on an Extended Storage drive will.

Basically, app2usb copies the game files from your internal HDD to the app2usb USB drive and replaces the files on the internal HDD with links pointing to the files on the USB.

If you plug this app2usb drive into a second PS4 it will not see any games because there is nothing on the second PS4 to point to the games on the USB drive.

If you use an Extended Storage USB instead, the games are installed to the USB and not to the internal HDD and you can use this drive on another PS4 or on a PS5.

If you do use the extended storage drive on another PS4 you must run goldhen first before plugging it in or the games will not be available.
Basically running goldhen first enables the ownership of drive to be swapped between different PS4s.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully, he kept the packages as backup or finds them somewhere, since it would be a major pita to redump everything. then, get like a 2TB hdd formatted to gpt and exfat, then mass install everything to another hdd formatted as extended storage. shouldn't take long then. to get saves, just export them normally, use the import feature on the other ps4, and you'll have your saves back provided the account id is the same on both, which is really easy to do. trophies are probably lost though as I think they have to be same system, same account. he could've used the same app.db for sorting by hex editing the decimal version of his new user id, but it's not going to work if the system thinks everything is on the internal hdd. those are the main things I can think so it shouldn't be that troublesome, starting over. I kept all my dumped games on several hdds. I had to sacrifice my 2TB, gpt drive somewhat recently. it's now being used with the series x considering retroarch and xbox formatted storage require two separate hdds. ;)

Reactions: Nepho

Jasonclarke1986

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hopefully, he kept the packages as backup or finds them somewhere, since it would be a major pita to redump everything. then, get like a 2TB hdd formatted to gpt and exfat, then mass install everything to another hdd formatted as extended storage. shouldn't take long then. to get saves, just export them normally, use the import feature on the other ps4, and you'll have your saves back provided the account id is the same on both, which is really easy to do. trophies are probably lost though as I think they have to be same system, same account. he could've used the same app.db for sorting by hex editing the decimal version of his new user id, but it's not going to work if the system thinks everything is on the internal hdd. those are the main things I can think so it shouldn't be that troublesome, starting over. I kept all my dumped games on several hdds. I had to sacrifice my 2TB, gpt drive somewhat recently. it's now being used with the series x considering retroarch and xbox formatted storage require two separate hdds. ;)
he woud have all the packages because app2usb would have copied them all into the ps4 folder, it would just mean moving them all to the root of the drive and installing them all again. Could he not just backup the database on the old ps4 and restore it on the new ps4 pro?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he woud have all the packages because app2usb would have copied them all into the ps4 folder, it would just mean moving them all to the root of the drive and installing them all again. Could he not just backup the database on the old ps4 and restore it on the new ps4 pro?
I'm not sure about the app.db, because I don't know if it shows the internal or external drive as being used. if it's the latter, then yes, he could reuse it.

Nepho

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you all for your replies, I'll try to import the database to the Pro and let you know how it goes.
I do have backups of the PKGs in case that doesn't work, I just wanted to skip the installation process as I have too many games.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DEMONGreninjaPG @ DEMONGreninjaPG: who the hell are u fast