• Replies 20,708
  • Likes 178

feynman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I apologize for this question that surely someone has already asked, but I can't read the whole thread to find it . I am currently on 5.05 and all my games are backported, if I update to 9.00 am I have to reinstall all game updates or will they work normally?

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for this question that surely someone has already asked, but I can't read the whole thread to find it . I am currently on 5.05 and all my games are backported, if I update to 9.00 am I have to reinstall all game updates or will they work normally?

they will work, but according to Joonie of team rebug, it's not recommended to use them.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to this: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/CUH-1004A the last 2 numbers of the CUH number is actually the region for the console. So theoretically, any CUH-10XX/CUH-11XX console should be good to go for this. But there could always be some odd case where one won't work so don't take that as fact.
you are correct. I was going to post about this, but I didn't want to. it's true that the last two digits are the region. it's also true that sometimes things may not work correctly with certain versions. however, it'll most likely work.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. is there someone in my same situation?

You're fine to use backported updates. Just that there could always be issues so it's best to not if possible. Keep backups of saves if you don't want to re-install your games, just in case.
https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps4

feynman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You're fine to use backported updates. Just that there could always be issues so it's best to not if possible. Keep backups of saves if you don't want to re-install your games, just in case.
https://github.com/bucanero/apollo-ps4
Thank you. Are there some others things I have to do before upgrading?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is really about the series x, but I just tested the English patch of Tales of Destiny - Director's Cut for the ps2, since Burnout - Takedown works., it worked! full speed, no issues:

20220129_190829.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just go an series s to tinker with this. Good stuff. Thanks for the info.
It just keeps getting better. I may have to retire from the scenes soon though, since the lights in my house have started to flicker. I don't know if it's due to having too much plugged in. Just won't be able to test anything anymore as the only things that will be plugged in are the ps5, series x, oled switch, and the wii u. I won't know until we have an electrician out.

feynman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I read the guide in the first post to perform the jailbreak and I could not find the part that explains how to create the USB pen necessary to start the exploit on firmware 9.00. Is it possible to avoid using it? Reading on other forums it seemed to me to understand that it was essential

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I read the guide in the first post to perform the jailbreak and I could not find the part that explains how to create the USB pen necessary to start the exploit on firmware 9.00. Is it possible to avoid using it? Reading on other forums it seemed to me to understand that it was essential

I need to update the guide. It’s on my list of things to do. Essentially write the image from chendos GitHub to a usb stick (8mb or bigger, usb 2.0-3.0) using any image writer like etcher etc.

It is not possible to avoid: the exfat hax image is necessary.

Reactions: Ashish999

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone else having problems installing 1.0.0 on 9.00 with GoldHen 2.0b2?
I receive a CE-38603-0 error every time I try to install to system storage. Not even psdevwiki knows this error lol.
I'd like to ask around before opening an issue...

Tried:
- download update in apollo, use ps4 xplorer to install it from /data/
- install via hb store
- download release apk from github, copy to usb stick, install via goldhen - there I see the error

Instant update (lol that was quick): Found https://www.reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/comments/hybr5z Removed all download notifications (failed apollo, two DLC installations i did before), and it installed fine.

Reactions: KiiWii
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Finally got my number transferred