• Views 2,720,290
  • Replies 19,403
  • Likes 177

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KiiWii , the legacy of thieves is arriving early. as you know, playstation was sold out, so I had to go with amazon for the same price. I should've gotten it by Feb 7th, but now it says it will arrive on Monday, Jan 31st. damn, that's fast. though, if I had bought it from playstation, I would've gotten today, release date.

Reactions: KiiWii

Artifesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, as I mentioned to you in a pm, the ps5 uses tpm or trust platform module for additional security. I heard from a friend that it's what windows 11 uses actually.
TPM is hardware based, it can be bypassed with patches for any Windows version if your hardware doesn't support the required TPM level (W11 wants TPM 2.0, which most newer motherboards can support with a "virtual TPM" toggled in the Bios).

Some of the key advantages of using TPM technology are that you can:

• Generate, store, and limit the use of cryptographic keys.
  • Use TPM technology for platform device authentication by using the TPM’s unique RSA key, which is burned into it.
  • Help ensure platform integrity by taking and storing security measurements.
The most common TPM functions are used for system integrity measurements and for key creation and use. During the boot process of a system, the boot code that is loaded (including firmware and the operating system components) can be measured and recorded in the TPM. The integrity measurements can be used as evidence for how a system started and to make sure that a TPM-based key was used only when the correct software was used to boot the system.

If you ever want a cold boot homebrew or aftermarket OS installed the TPM would have to be bypassed I'd guess in software at the early boot stages. I'm not sure if there are other hardware checks the PS5 may use to verify the boot process though.

TPMs are passive: they receive commands and return responses. To realize the full benefit of a TPM, the OEM must carefully integrate system hardware and firmware with the TPM to send it commands and react to its responses. TPMs were originally designed to provide security and privacy benefits to a platform’s owner and users, but newer versions can provide security and privacy benefits to the system hardware itself. Before it can be used for advanced scenarios, a TPM must be provisioned.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a dreamcast core for retroarch only?
or i have to install all of the cores?
afaik, you can install as many or as few cores as you want for almost all versions of retroarch aside from the series x, since you don't have enough access, so it installs all of them. however, I"m not really a retroarch expert. I've personally never tried dreamcast with retroarch.

Reactions: lilalex

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have a disc game how can i see what title id it is?
you could insert the disc into the ps4. it will create the meta of the game, so you can see what the title id is. I know that orbis toolbox can tell you as can searching via ftp, but I think there's a way through debug settings, just forgot how to.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
you could insert the disc into the ps4. it will create the meta of the game, so you can see what the title id is. I know that orbis toolbox can tell you as can searching via ftp, but I think there's a way through debug settings, just forgot how to.
oh ok i was gonna test out an update gonna install it from orbispatches and more question i wana use orbispatches on my ps4 but i need to change my dns i have turned off updates from a payload will it still work?

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
hmm never know that this game was still getting updates well this is the final one
1643473326598.png

Reactions: godreborn
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Apple is the new Disney