• Likes 177

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This shows so I got no idea what to do

zzgtnUk.jpg
If you have a DNS to block PlayStation servers, that would cause it.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but if I don't keep it blocked Sony may automatically update the console?

Suppose I'll just download the updates manually.
If you have automatic installs turned off in the settings and use the update blocker payload, you should be fine. You can always turn the DNS off to download the update and turn it back on when done.

Reactions: Marc_78065

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 7.55 to 9.0 but I feel like my PS4 has been less stable. I had a system crash on a game (Final Fantasy XV) and it didn't survive rest mode.

I mean as far as getting the exploit to work yes that was easy on 9.0, but if it's going to crash like this I'd prefer 7.55 and just use rest mode even if I have to do the exploit for an hour once a month.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 7.55 to 9.0 but I feel like my PS4 has been less stable. I had a system crash on a game (Final Fantasy XV) and it didn't survive rest mode.

I mean as far as getting the exploit to work yes that was easy on 9.0, but if it's going to crash like this I'd prefer 7.55 and just use rest mode even if I have to do the exploit for an hour once a month.

After more testing it seems a save I had that I used with save mounter was causing the Final Fantasy XV system crash, and rest mode is mostly working so I updated my other PS4 to 9.0 as well. 9.0 is pretty good, but I'm not someone that's going to be like "why are you on lower firmwares update to 9.0 now!" I believe people should do whatever they want.

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: Marc_78065

Daydreamer33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
emergency solution to build fPKGs from remaster Games

If ftpdump warning comes up at the end of the dump - here the fix to build a working fPKG.
1. Install game disc & last update(last working update on 9.00)
2.dump only app (because update overwrite the app)
3. Edit param.sfo- uncheck remaster, switch the Versions of master and application and safe it. Ignore warning and errors.
4.now you can go ahead with gp4 and build fPKG.
Note:if fPKG is installed the info about the game shows you the lower version but its the newest.
Tested on sonic colours ultimate and shadows of the tombraider 2.01.

Please test it on your remaster games and confirm it to hippie68 (ftpdump).he will work on a better solution. Github link https://github.com/hippie68/ftpdump/issues/11

Last edited by Daydreamer33,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    JuanBaNaNa @ JuanBaNaNa: Kennie don't leave me! 🥺 I just want to say Hi 🥺🥺