• Replies 19,402
  • Likes 177

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you explain a bit more on how to check that? There's an option for sort order in the library (alphabetical, date installed, etc.), but that doesn't affect the home menu, at least not in my PS4's current state. Is that the option you mean, or are you referring to something else?

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I apparently have a bigger problem. I can no longer launch the exploit. I've typically been using karo218.ir, but that no longer triggers the exploit... just eventually gives me a page not responding error. Not caching the exploit any more, either. I also have self-hosted copy of the exploit which I've used successfully as well, but now when loading the page I get:

ERROR: 0x00000017
SSLError: 0x00000000
Failed writing received data to disk/application
ok

That makes me think there's some kind of disk or cache corruption. I've been having a fair number of crashes with GoldHEN (which is what led to the DB rebuild to begin with), so maybe something's corrupt?

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

I did check to make sure an update 9.03 didn't somehow slip through.... fortunately not, I'm still on 9.00.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I apparently have a bigger problem. I can no longer launch the exploit. I've typically been using karo218.ir, but that no longer triggers the exploit... just eventually gives me a page not responding error. Not caching the exploit any more, either. I also have self-hosted copy of the exploit which I've used successfully as well, but now when loading the page I get:

ERROR: 0x00000017
SSLError: 0x00000000
Failed writing received data to disk/application
ok

That makes me think there's some kind of disk or cache corruption. I've been having a fair number of crashes with GoldHEN (which is what led to the DB rebuild to begin with), so maybe something's corrupt?

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

I did check to make sure an update 9.03 didn't somehow slip through.... fortunately not, I'm still on 9.00.
Did you delete the cache?

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remind me to take backups way more often (after every installation) as the exploit crashes the console every couple tries :-/

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another site
still not having much luck(see below). Here are my results with four sites:

• local copy - still get error I posted above
  • karo218.ir - took a couple tries, but finally got it to trigger the USB prompt; upong injecting payload it crashed the browser and took me back to the home menu (no goldhen); restarted
  • nighkinghost.com - lunched first try, but upon injecting payload completed locked up the PS4, requring a forced power off
  • darkmoddervc.github.io/PS4JB/ - same experience as with nighkinghost.com

In comparison, I've had near zero issues triggering the exploit prior to tonight.

Are there any other hosts in particular that you recommend? or other ideas to try at this point?

Edit: I managed to get it to work after trying a second time with darkmoddervc. No idea why it's suddenly so difficult, but at least I have exploit access again. If anyone else does have any ideas on what may be going on or how to improve this, I'm all ears.

In the meantime, going to get back to trying to figure out my home menu issue. Thanks for the guidance so far, @godreborn.

Last edited by nitro322,
Reactions: godreborn

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remind me to take backups way more often (after every installation) as the exploit crashes the console every couple tries :-/

Pretty sure someone told you to backup to your app.db for this just scenario a few pages back. Oh it was me.

With it you can easily rebuild database then restore the app.db in seconds afterwards and walah your games reappear.

So I already did remind you technically, just saying.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated FPKG_Maker_GUI to support dumping of other apps and games that do not have the name CUSA

FPKG_MAKER_GUI_V1.0.9

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Updated hippies ftp dump scripts to support dumping games that may start with names other than CUSA

Example:

STRN

SNES

HMBW

SLUS

NPSX

You can now dump any running app/ PSXtoFPKG/ PS2toFPKG/ STRNtoFPKG/ Homebrew/ NPSX

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn - you definitely pointed me in the right direction. Looks like PS4_db_rebuilder_EXT doesn't properly support firmware 9.00 and didn't insert the tables for my missing apps correctly. sortPriority on all recovered items is 0 instead of 100. I see other fields like contentSize, installDate, etc. that are also missing. Going to need to spend some time on this, but should be good to go once done.

Thanks a bunch!

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question before I get too deep in this. My app.db has "duplicate" tables:

Code:
$ sqlite3 app.db .tables
tbl_addon_0325475928      tbl_appbrowse_0325475929  tbl_info_0325475928
tbl_addon_0325475929      tbl_appinfo               tbl_info_0325475929
tbl_appbrowse_0325475928  tbl_cmdfunc               tbl_version

The data in them is not identical. It looks like the 0325475928 version is more complete, but I don't know where there are multiple versions to begin with, and I didn't find any good hits on this through google.

Should I expect to see two versions of these tables? If so, any way to tell which I should be using?

Only time I've seen this in the past is some other apps creating versioned tables for upgrades. If that's the case here, though, I'd expect the higher versioned table to include more complete data, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question before I get too deep in this. My app.db has "duplicate" tables:

Code:
$ sqlite3 app.db .tables
tbl_addon_0325475928      tbl_appbrowse_0325475929  tbl_info_0325475928
tbl_addon_0325475929      tbl_appinfo               tbl_info_0325475929
tbl_appbrowse_0325475928  tbl_cmdfunc               tbl_version

The data in them is not identical. It looks like the 0325475928 version is more complete, but I don't know where there are multiple versions to begin with, and I didn't find any good hits on this through google.

Should I expect to see two versions of these tables? If so, any way to tell which I should be using?

Only time I've seen this in the past is some other apps creating versioned tables for upgrades. If that's the case here, though, I'd expect the higher versioned table to include more complete data, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
Do you have 2 profiles on your system?

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh. I think I do. Didn't realize this was tied to profile, but that makes sense, and why the lower-numbered one (my main profile) has more data. Thanks for clarifying.

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again, @godreborn. All set now as far as my home menu issue.

I do have one other general question while I'm here, about DLC. When I first got started backing up and installing my games (with 9.00 - I'm a newcomer on the PS4 scene), I neglected to consider DLC when dumping my games. I mostly just assumped appdumper would include DLC in addition to the game and update, but that seems not to be the case. At this point, I've dumped, deleted, and reinstalled via FPKG just about all of my games.

At this point, is there any hope of recovering my DLC for those deleted games? or am I boned? I feel like I'd need to sign in and re-download everything from the PSN store to get it back, but I can't do that (as far as I'm aware) without updating firmware, and even if I could, I suspect there'd be some kind of mismatch between the APP FPKG and DLC PKG keys.

Like I said, though, very much a newcomer, so hoping I'm simply overlooking something...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese: i guess if i boght a ps5 i would get death stranding, demons souls, ghost of tsushima, yakuza...