looks like oelf also says .ELF in the magic. here's the homebrew store oelf:

1642444820618.png

Allen-R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Finally fired up the PS4 again (still in 7.51) and used the GoldHen v2.0b (haven't tried b2).
It's great to find out that I can finally run Remote Package Installer (RPI) on the background again to check the download/install progress without it crashing. I can finally check in the PS4 directly instead of going back to the PC.

edit:
weirdly enough it crashed when I went back in
(but seems like I can just resume the download by relaunching it, and this time it doesn't crash going in and out.)
maybe it crashes if I stay out too long...?

Last edited by Allen-R,

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe look in hex to make sure the magic says .ELF? I think encrypted it will say O-= or something to that effect. I don't know if it's the same for all encrypted files, but don't rely too much on the .elf. there's also orbis elf which comes from the elf also known as oelf, then it becomes self. I don't know what the purpose of a producing an oelf is really as it won't work on the system afaik.
Ill double check that to verify but im pretty sure it does say .ELF not sure on the O.= so I will double check.

I am trying to convert the elf from sonic the fighters from Lost Judgment to try and make it a standalone pkg. I downloaded every revision of sonic the fighters last night and this seems to have a unique build for the rom pkg.

Do you know if there are any tools for 9.0 that will let me launch an elf like on the original homebrew store?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, a lot of things with the ps4 do not like python 3. best to have a 2.7 version high enough to have pip, then everything should work, I believe.

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not gay, but if that's what bucanero looks like, I'd say he's not bad. I do/can admit when a guy is attractive just like @Flame . :P
Currently making a full romset version of his pkg

Not sure where the images go but according to the config the roms go in the root of the image. Im assuming the images go with them? Guess ill find out

nitro322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having an odd issue after doing a database rebuild. All of my FPKG apps disappeared, which I learned was expected, and recovered them using PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT (specifically, this version). I then plugged in my external HDD, which detected all of the external apps. So far so good.

However, this seems to have broken some functionality on the home screen menu. Only the most recently detected or installed apps are shown. The What's New and PSN Store icons at the left of the menu are gone, and no new apps are ever added. New installed games (even via retail disc) only appear in the library, and recently played games never get added to the front of the list.

Anyone run into this before? Any suggestions on how to fix? I don't really care about the online stuff, but I'd definitely like most recently played and newly installed items added to the front of the list.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having an odd issue after doing a database rebuild. All of my FPKG apps disappeared, which I learned was expected, and recovered them using PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT (specifically, this version). I then plugged in my external HDD, which detected all of the external apps. So far so good.

However, this seems to have broken some functionality on the home screen menu. Only the most recently detected or installed apps are shown. The What's New and PSN Store icons at the left of the menu are gone, and no new apps are ever added. New installed games (even via retail disc) only appear in the library, and recently played games never get added to the front of the list.

Anyone run into this before? Any suggestions on how to fix? I don't really care about the online stuff, but I'd definitely like most recently played and newly installed items added to the front of the list.
Check priority position. That's what makes that happen. It should show 100 for all that move. Library is 1000 and ps store is 6 iirc. Can't remember what what's new is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://www.pcgamer.com/youtuber-tries-to-sell-his-112m-subs-channel-following-abuse-allegations/