• Views 2,721,281
  • Replies 19,407
  • Likes 177

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the link from my phone, since google tells you about your likes or what you search for. and, the shmup game is from my friend @Glyptofane . I love shmup titles (the switch seems to have several). anyway, it better be good or it'll be his ass. haha :D

MRDOCA

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey, quick question, is there still no way to play different region dvds? Dvd regions are dumb haha.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey guys turns out Lost Judgment has a working Master System Emulator and I managed to get a rom swap working!

Above is a proof of concept video of rom swapping in Lost Judgment!

It also has a Sega Ages - Sega Model 2 Emulator for different Arcade Games like Sonic The Fighters!

Some of the games have both Japanese and American versions Alex Kidd is one of those and is accessible from the start of the game I swapped out -

Alex Kidd in Miracle World (J)

for Alex Kidd in High Tech World (UE)

and it works. Now there are two different Alex Kidd games availible!!!

@KiiWii @godreborn

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey guys turns out Lost Judgment has a working Master System Emulator and I managed to get a rom swap working!

Above is a proof of concept video of rom swapping in Lost Judgment!

It also has a Sega Ages - Sega Model 2 Emulator for different Arcade Games like Sonic The Fighters!

Some of the games have both Japanese and American versions Alex Kidd is one of those and is accessible from the start of the game I swapped out -

Alex Kidd in Miracle World (J)

for Alex Kidd in High Tech World (UE)

and it works. Now there are two different Alex Kidd games availible!!!

@KiiWii @godreborn

That's awesome, I played through Lost Judgment and finished it about a month ago (not all side missions but the story) great game. Played the SMS but on it for only briefly.

Reactions: KiiWii

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn

Hey how do I build an eboot from elf. I just keep getting Failed to build FSELF: no symbol section when trying to build with FSELF?

Any idea? can I do it with the homebrew store?

Or is there a way to launch an elf on 9.00?

I know orbistoolbox could do it in the past on 5.05 but it just crashes my ps4 on 9.00

Last edited by codemasterv,

jnl1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is the section for building fake pkg´s in the guide on page 1 still valid or are there any newer tools available now?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn

Hey how do I build an eboot from elf. I just keep getting Failed to build FSELF: no symbol section when trying to build with FSELF?

Any idea? can I do it with the homebrew store?

Or is there a way to launch an elf on 9.00?

I know orbistoolbox could do it in the past on 5.05 but it just crashes my ps4 on 9.00
have you tried the fself script?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's my files. if you use the bat scripts, you have to lump in a folder with the elf file. if you do a normal python command, you can do an individual file. also, orbis should automatically convert to fself anyway, but unlike liborbispkg, it can use either elf or fself (liborbispkg must use fself, and the make_fself.py I believe is the file that developers use to make fself before using liborbispkg to get away from using any official tools).

Attachments

• PS4MakeFself.zip
    24.3 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: codemasterv

codemasterv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's my files. if you use the bat scripts, you have to lump in a folder with the elf file. if you do a normal python command, you can do an individual file. also, orbis should automatically convert to fself anyway, but unlike liborbispkg, it can use either elf or fself (liborbispkg must use fself, and the make_fself.py I believe is the file that developers use to make fself before using liborbispkg to get away from using any official tools).
Thanks ill give this a try.

I just kept getting a magic error with the other tool.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe look in hex to make sure the magic says .ELF? I think encrypted it will say O-= or something to that effect. I don't know if it's the same for all encrypted files, but don't rely too much on the .elf. there's also orbis elf which comes from the elf also known as oelf, then it becomes self. I don't know what the purpose of a producing an oelf is really as it won't work on the system afaik.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://youtube.com/shorts/lhnpCePb6AI?feature=share