• Views 2,272,603
  • Replies 14,830
  • Likes 170

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn A way to avoid all that is to make a backup of your profile using the official backup/resore in system settings before you change the HDD or initialise the PS4 and then restore that backup after you have installed the new HDD.

Doing this will make all internal ID's the same so that any databases, saves, trophy files etc. will be compatable straight away..
well, I didn't make a backup. I was desperate to fix this video issue with my system, and I didn't really care if I lost everything. don't even play the system, haven't progressed in any game ever since I exploited it several years ago, and I've never even started a pirated game. I'm glad I did it this way though, because now I understand how the databases are tied together.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, I didn't make a backup. I was desperate to fix this video issue with my system, and I didn't really care if I lost everything. don't even play the system, haven't progressed in any game ever since I exploited it several years ago, and I've never even started a pirated game. I'm glad I did it this way though, because now I understand how the databases are tied together.
Its good to know that it can be done manually because if the HDD suddeny dies then there would be no way to make a profile backup anyway.:)

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured out why account activator was freezing. it was due to the fact that both the ftp and savemounter payloads were saying that they had been loaded prematurely, before the system said press the ps button. it was still loading when it said that for both of them. I just had it freeze again when selecting "get users," and that's what had happened. I just tested it again letting the press ps button thing appear, and it didn't freeze on the desktop or in program files (x86). I tested it with both.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if save are encrypted to a flash drive during exportation using the account id in the savedata.db, because it's in there for each individual save. though, that may be how the system knows which account id to put through the pfs algorithm.

RFNS13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Surely not much of a deal, but on hackerone, the space reserved for cturt's bug description was noticeably enlarged... a day or two ago it was similar in size to the one right below it

Attachments

• noname.jpg
    noname.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something odd happened the third time I corrupted the database. the external drive repopulated the games the first two times, but it didn't seem to do anything the third time. maybe I needed to unmount, then mount the drive again? anyway, fixing the database got my games back anyway, so it was of no concern. no issues or corruption having turned the system on about four times. I didn't inject the addcont.db (may just reinstall the packages, but I'll have to look first if hen repopulated those as well). at first glance, I don't see the user id anywhere in the addcont.db, but the one I have on my computer only has the dragon quest metal slime theme attached to it, so it's pointless to use it (already got the theme back as you can see).

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that I think about it, I don't think the addcont.db was repopulated if the games weren't for some reason. I'll check it out at some point, but I did have the forethought to categorize my content a long time ago, so I'll just take everything from the dlc folders (made a separate folder for each main exploit, legit 5.05, pirated 5.05, 6.72, 7.02, and 7.55 games) :P:

1635342971645.png

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, normal on the old board. Post auto-merged. It doesn't now.

@godreborn are updating what he is doing. Normal we get super angry about this, but he is showing his progress.

I've merged some posts on the other side, I added "---" between posts so they are still seperated.
that's an odd feature to lose in the migration. do i get to yell at Costello because I like yelling at Costello.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that as well. it would've had numerous, "double post merged -- please don't double-post" or whatever it said when I learned how the databases worked. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: https://youtu.be/0VHx7gERE-Y it's just a prank bro