• Views 2,275,221
  • Replies 14,848
  • Likes 170

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the site again with all the information with the games and game updates? It's not a ROM site, it's a site for information about what FW they need and even what FW game updates need. I completely forgot the name of the site and wish to check every so and then.

Also when there is a 8.xx kernel exploit, is it possible for 8.xx game updates to be backported to 5.05?

Thanks.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may stay in the ps4 scene, but it's going to depend on whether or not I can fix this ps4. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but it loses connection when the video cuts out. the firmware install was successful though, so it shouldn't be anything majorly with the system. I don't want to buy another ps4 when I have a ps5 if it's completely broken. don't play the system, just use it for testing. here's the sflash0 that downloaded correctly. I think I can get my games and saves back pretty easily by remounting the external hdd (where all my games were), then using account activator to activate my account with my aid, and importing my saves. this should work, and be relatively quick (only have 10 saves). of course, I also need to do the avatar stuff, but I have that backed up:

1634968668177.png

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What was the site again with all the information with the games and game updates? It's not a ROM site, it's a site for information about what FW they need and even what FW game updates need. I completely forgot the name of the site and wish to check every so and then.

Also when there is a 8.xx kernel exploit, is it possible for 8.xx game updates to be backported to 5.05?

Thanks.
https://defaultdnb.github.io/

Yes of course. Once any version is exploited you can backport the decrypted dumps. Only factor that may stand in the way is if there are 8.xx specific dependencies that cannot be patched out.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quoting myself, I finally found it, but I had to take a deep deep look inside my history so maybe I could find it and yes.
I hope I remember for next time since I found an update even years after a games release and it needs 8.52.
So that's why for example.
It's Orbis Patches.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the actual game to install those patches or a license if it's digital as they're not fake packages. I think they're retrieved from sony's god links, because they're split into 4GB increments considering the system can only read up to that and merges the packages together using the manifest file. if you want to dump the game patches, you'll have to be on the firmware they require, because the game must be bootable to dump. samu, or the security processor, is asked to decrypt the game files for us, but this can only be done while the game is running. you might be able to use the pfs tool by flatz, but I'm not sure. game packages are encrypted by rsa and pfs iirc. when you package a game using liborbispkg, it mentions inner and outer pfs, which I'm not sure what it's referring to.

Reactions: KiiWii

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think my hdmi is going out. I managed to backup my sflash0 using a new wifi stick. However, I lose connection whenever I try ftp. I'm going to repair my console, sell it, and retire from the ps4 scene. I don't know if kp's damaged my system or not. I reformatted the hdd on my sata station, installed 5.05, but the problem persisted even before installing the hdd. :(
More than likely just dry or cracked solder joints on the hdmi port if it cuts out when the system heats up probably just needs a reflow easy job just use a bit of flux and a hot air solder station
Obviously inferred is better if you lived in the uk I'd do it for you as I have inferred solder station
Worst case scenario is broken/damaged pins in that case no choice then to replace the port itself
No heat guns they are great for stripping paint and destroying electrical equipment

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, I don't have a bga station for a reflow. last time I checked, they were several hundred dollars. I may have to send to someone with such a station. what's odd is that the wifi cuts out whenever the video does. I think that's why I've been having wifi problems. I was able to install xproject though using a new wifi stick, so it didn't cut out then. it was just during ftp.

Reactions: Prb

Prb

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unfortunately, I don't have a bga station for a reflow. last time I checked, they were several hundred dollars. I may have to send to someone with such a station. what's odd is that the wifi cuts out whenever the video does. I think that's why I've been having wifi problems. I was able to install xproject though using a new wifi stick, so it didn't cut out then. it was just during ftp.
Don't quote me on this as it's just a guess but I suspect the ps4 has some way of knowing if it's hdmi signal is being received and if not properly goes into some sort of limp mode or maybe a couple of the tiny caps are going bad iv'e not study the schematics of a ps4 main board so I don't know what's actually linked together in terms of components plus Sony revised the board countless times

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that if it was something severe that I'd get a hardware failure error of some sort. it's probably either the hdmi or the wifi going out. I need to diagnose the system. I've heard early phats are prone to the hdmi failing. I think my friend @atreyu187 had to fix his hdmi. not sure if it was doing the same thing though.

Reactions: Prb

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KiiWii , I'll get my ps4 repaired asap. it won't happen 'til at the very least next month or the month after. if I can get my hands on those n64 controllers from Nintendo, and if Nintendo sends me back the right joycon, I'm going to buy the extension pack for nso. I want to play oot again (beat it on the 3ds). after that, I'll only have like $60 in my account.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I discovered that all sandisk connects are generic. I didn't have to reinput my credentials into the ps4. I just named this new one the same thing as the old, then made the password the same, and it worked. you can do this by going to the connect's homepage while it's on wifi and the pc is connected to it.

also, in a few months, once I get my money back up, I plan to donate to some deserving developers on here. the first will be @Leeful . he's been most helpful in my understanding of the ps4. :} it won't be much (probably $15), but I'm buying games and on disability, so it's pretty good in my eyes.

Reactions: Leeful and KiiWii

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm good for it (already donated $60) with $30 being to aldostools, $15 to @Evilnat and $15 being to @zecoxao . I only donated more to aldostools, because his ps3 failed, so I donated for him to replace it, then donated to him again, so he could actually use the money for whatever he wanted. after what happened on psx-place, I never asked for it back, even now that I'll soon have about $60 total. I can't spend anymore this month, but I might donate next month, just have to save some for ps+ at least, which will be between $48 and $60 depending on how I go (only get $529 with $104 to my phone bill/month).

Reactions: zecoxao and KiiWii
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Some jingle juice sounds tasty...