• Views 2,284,479
  • Replies 14,946
  • Likes 170

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I am hoping merely for retroarch emulation improvements, guess I got low priorities ,than wanting to play the newest titles:unsure:

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And here I am hoping merely for retroarch emulation improvements, guess I got low priorities ,than wanting to play the newest titles:unsure:
That is mostly up to the Retroarch developers and the developers of the emulators used in it. I don't think Retroarch is even officialy released for PS4 yet (at least not on their website) so it likely won't get updates frequently.

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is mostly up to the Retroarch developers and the developers of the emulators used in it. I don't think Retroarch is even officialy released for PS4 yet (at least not on their website) so it likely won't get updates frequently.
I'm fine with what we're able to get currently from the unofficial port, and let the future sort itself out

Reactions: HollowGrams

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An official Retroarch Port to PS4 is on the way :) A dev teases it on twitter now and again.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1634142443672.png

you want your keys.bin.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Test link for 8.xx ps4s. Apparently it's working all the way up to 8.52, not seen anything for 9.00

https://nazky.github.io/PS4CVE202130858/
Doesn't seem to work on 5.05 (at least not for me) but I suppose it doesn't really need to work on 5.05. Hope it actually works up to 8.52 and that cturt's hackerone report is disclosed (but we will probably have to wait a few months to see if that will happen). Really hoping for 8.52 kernel exploit as having to wait for Lost Judgement is not fun lol. Fairly certain it's 8.52 because updates for it are listed as 8.52 on orbispatches.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.
What causes the PS4 to just turn off all of a sudden? It happens randomly. First, I thought because I basically never turn it off, when a first crash happened after several days, but now it happened after like 2 days and I turn it off instead of rest mode to see if that works better, but no. After turning the PS4 back on, it checked the file system.

So why does it happen that it just turn off in the middle of a game sometimes?
Ofcourse I can turn it back on fine. But isn't it weird that the PS4 just turns off randomly? Why is that?

As an additional info:
I'm using GoldHen v1.1 I boot via online host. Playing a game I backported, with the update backported. Can play it fine ofcourse, just sometimes the PS4 just shuts off on pure random occasions.

Hope someone knows why it happens and how to prevent it. Thanks.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question.
What causes the PS4 to just turn off all of a sudden? It happens randomly. First, I thought because I basically never turn it off, when a first crash happened after several days, but now it happened after like 2 days and I turn it off instead of rest mode to see if that works better, but no. After turning the PS4 back on, it checked the file system.

Ofcourse I can turn it back on fine. But isn't it weird that the PS4 just turns off randomly? Why is that?

As an additional info:
I'm using GoldHen v1.1 I boot via online host. Playing a game I backported, with the update backported. Can play it fine ofcourse, just sometimes the PS4 just shuts off on pure random occasions.

I've never had mine just turn off once the exploit has been running for at least a minute. But crashes are just due to the nature of how these exploits are performed. They are a form of 'race condition' and sometimes the exploit is not performed fully during the small time it has to perform it. It can leave the exploit in an unfinished state where it is not stable and causes a crash. As for why it would do it during a game, it could be for any reason. But exploiting is always going to have some form of instability to it.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

As an additional info:

Kernel Panic. PS4 security so to speak.

p1x3lzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got PS4 5.55 without CD drive. At the moment there is no WebKit for it and I can't upgrade firmware because there is no CD drive... :(
Do you think there is a way with this new WebKit to use exploit for 5.05 ?
If I remember 5.55 only patch the WebKit not the exploit...

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got funkiiu to work in program files (x86) by adding permissions to the users' group, full privileges. I just tried that with the backport tools, which I think I had already tried. anyway, they don't work unless on the root of C or on the desktop. not sure why exactly. the python location is correct as I just checked it. it's odd. they do nothing if you try in program files (x86).

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem with nzbhydra2 to download tv shows automatically. I had to put that on the root of C as well or else the app wouldn't open if in program files. I have it setup to open at boot, which works every time in that location.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: 3 had better mechanics