• Views 2,187,337
  • Replies 13,901
  • Likes 167

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Test link for 8.xx ps4s. Apparently it's working all the way up to 8.52, not seen anything for 9.00

https://nazky.github.io/PS4CVE202130858/
Doesn't seem to work on 5.05 (at least not for me) but I suppose it doesn't really need to work on 5.05. Hope it actually works up to 8.52 and that cturt's hackerone report is disclosed (but we will probably have to wait a few months to see if that will happen). Really hoping for 8.52 kernel exploit as having to wait for Lost Judgement is not fun lol. Fairly certain it's 8.52 because updates for it are listed as 8.52 on orbispatches.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.
What causes the PS4 to just turn off all of a sudden? It happens randomly. First, I thought because I basically never turn it off, when a first crash happened after several days, but now it happened after like 2 days and I turn it off instead of rest mode to see if that works better, but no. After turning the PS4 back on, it checked the file system.

So why does it happen that it just turn off in the middle of a game sometimes?
Ofcourse I can turn it back on fine. But isn't it weird that the PS4 just turns off randomly? Why is that?

As an additional info:
I'm using GoldHen v1.1 I boot via online host. Playing a game I backported, with the update backported. Can play it fine ofcourse, just sometimes the PS4 just shuts off on pure random occasions.

Hope someone knows why it happens and how to prevent it. Thanks.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question.
What causes the PS4 to just turn off all of a sudden? It happens randomly. First, I thought because I basically never turn it off, when a first crash happened after several days, but now it happened after like 2 days and I turn it off instead of rest mode to see if that works better, but no. After turning the PS4 back on, it checked the file system.

Ofcourse I can turn it back on fine. But isn't it weird that the PS4 just turns off randomly? Why is that?

As an additional info:
I'm using GoldHen v1.1 I boot via online host. Playing a game I backported, with the update backported. Can play it fine ofcourse, just sometimes the PS4 just shuts off on pure random occasions.

I've never had mine just turn off once the exploit has been running for at least a minute. But crashes are just due to the nature of how these exploits are performed. They are a form of 'race condition' and sometimes the exploit is not performed fully during the small time it has to perform it. It can leave the exploit in an unfinished state where it is not stable and causes a crash. As for why it would do it during a game, it could be for any reason. But exploiting is always going to have some form of instability to it.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

As an additional info:

Kernel Panic. PS4 security so to speak.

p1x3lzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got PS4 5.55 without CD drive. At the moment there is no WebKit for it and I can't upgrade firmware because there is no CD drive... :(
Do you think there is a way with this new WebKit to use exploit for 5.05 ?
If I remember 5.55 only patch the WebKit not the exploit...

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just got funkiiu to work in program files (x86) by adding permissions to the users' group, full privileges. I just tried that with the backport tools, which I think I had already tried. anyway, they don't work unless on the root of C or on the desktop. not sure why exactly. the python location is correct as I just checked it. it's odd. they do nothing if you try in program files (x86).

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem with nzbhydra2 to download tv shows automatically. I had to put that on the root of C as well or else the app wouldn't open if in program files. I have it setup to open at boot, which works every time in that location.

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we have a 8.52 webkit now great half the puzzle solved btw how long is sony's NDA on hacker one? that may give us a timeframe for the 8.52 kex

You never know when someone decide to release an exploit, 6.72 did tooks 2 years after 5.05, so it is hard to tell when an 8.52 kex would be released.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Lol AHS is getting funny two dudes and two girls get pregnant
    Gift
  • Toastee_ @ Toastee_:
    Whats AHS?
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    What are you supposed to do when you have a thousand dollar piece of hardware that won't work because the API the manufacturer provided doesn't want to work?
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
    OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983: Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...