• Replies 14,079
  • Likes 167

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god....i just picked up a non working PS4 for $30 and was going to give it a try... possible HDMI issues or something else.... turns out a few washers on the cpu cooler screws and it's up and running.... and to my surprise it's on 1.52. I've never seen a PS4 this low before. A shame it's not a PRO.
Anyways what version do u guys think I should update to???
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_145709__01.jpg
    IMG_20210925_145709__01.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: ZeroT21 and Mo Poge

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Oh my god....i just picked up a non working PS4 for $30 and was going to give it a try... possible HDMI issues or something else.... turns out a few washers on the cpu cooler screws and it's up and running.... and to my surprise it's on 1.52. I've never seen a PS4 this low before. A shame it's not a PRO.
Thanks
7.55 if you are feeling risky

Reactions: White_Raven_X

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks
5.05 for the most stable experience and 7.55 for the least stable but not having to worry about backporting your games. 6.72 for a sort of middleground, not especially stable but less backporting.

5.05 is also worth more on websites like ebay if you plan to sell it in the future.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I may have watched that video when someone asked me if it worked. I think there was a new store update a while back that made downloading from the store in such a manner not work. I don't know though. I know that psdlc no longer works, and I think it did something like that to download themes and dlc. it no longer works for the reason I mentioned.

Reactions: lilalex

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, probably only if the content is dumped. I know you can play like other people's courses in trials on the 360 with a jtag/rgh, but in that case, the content is either being read as a save 00000001 or dlc 00000002.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I don't know, probably only if the content is dumped. I know you can play like other people's courses in trials on the 360 with a jtag/rgh, but in that case, the content is either being read as a save 00000001 or dlc 00000002.
i was gonna install the game to play a fall guys creation but idk if it gonna be there

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trials is probably one of my favorite xbla/psn games. the first two are on the 360 only, I think. the next one was on the ps4, probably xbox one. I think there's trials, trials fusion, and trials horizon iirc. it's a motorcycle game if you don't know. it's the first game I bought online on the ps4.

I think mario maker does it differently than that and it may be how it works with dreams. I think they have mario maker course downloads with tinfoil, since it would be a ban if using a pirated copy. don't know if something like that exists with the ps4 or not.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, @Leeful , my new pc didn't mess up the openssl configuration file this time, so your self host app for windows worked without issue (tested it). I think c2d, making a cex to dex conversion file, requires the folder be named openssl, but it tries to name it openssl-32 iirc, so I didn't change it but manually last time. this time, I renamed the folder at installation. I think that's what originally caused the error with the config file in environmental variables.

Reactions: Leeful

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably to download dlc from psn. there's psdlc that used to be able to do that. it can still create unlockers for official themes. I've never encountered a theme that didn't work. you just need the content id, that's it.

Reactions: White_Raven_X
General chit-chat
Help Users
    SG854 @ SG854: Dad went for a pack of cigarettes and never came back