• Views 2,189,748
  • Replies 13,911
  • Likes 167

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Oh my god....i just picked up a non working PS4 for $30 and was going to give it a try... possible HDMI issues or something else.... turns out a few washers on the cpu cooler screws and it's up and running.... and to my surprise it's on 1.52. I've never seen a PS4 this low before. A shame it's not a PRO.
Anyways what version do u guys think I should update to???
Thanks
7.55 if you are feeling risky

Reactions: White_Raven_X

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh my god....i just picked up a non working PS4 for $30 and was going to give it a try... possible HDMI issues or something else.... turns out a few washers on the cpu cooler screws and it's up and running.... and to my surprise it's on 1.52. I've never seen a PS4 this low before. A shame it's not a PRO.
Anyways what version do u guys think I should update to???
Thanks
5.05 for the most stable experience and 7.55 for the least stable but not having to worry about backporting your games. 6.72 for a sort of middleground, not especially stable but less backporting.

5.05 is also worth more on websites like ebay if you plan to sell it in the future.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I may have watched that video when someone asked me if it worked. I think there was a new store update a while back that made downloading from the store in such a manner not work. I don't know though. I know that psdlc no longer works, and I think it did something like that to download themes and dlc. it no longer works for the reason I mentioned.

Reactions: lilalex

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, probably only if the content is dumped. I know you can play like other people's courses in trials on the 360 with a jtag/rgh, but in that case, the content is either being read as a save 00000001 or dlc 00000002.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, probably only if the content is dumped. I know you can play like other people's courses in trials on the 360 with a jtag/rgh, but in that case, the content is either being read as a save 00000001 or dlc 00000002.
i was gonna install the game to play a fall guys creation but idk if it gonna be there

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trials is probably one of my favorite xbla/psn games. the first two are on the 360 only, I think. the next one was on the ps4, probably xbox one. I think there's trials, trials fusion, and trials horizon iirc. it's a motorcycle game if you don't know. it's the first game I bought online on the ps4.

I think mario maker does it differently than that and it may be how it works with dreams. I think they have mario maker course downloads with tinfoil, since it would be a ban if using a pirated copy. don't know if something like that exists with the ps4 or not.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, @Leeful , my new pc didn't mess up the openssl configuration file this time, so your self host app for windows worked without issue (tested it). I think c2d, making a cex to dex conversion file, requires the folder be named openssl, but it tries to name it openssl-32 iirc, so I didn't change it but manually last time. this time, I renamed the folder at installation. I think that's what originally caused the error with the config file in environmental variables.

Reactions: Leeful

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably to download dlc from psn. there's psdlc that used to be able to do that. it can still create unlockers for official themes. I've never encountered a theme that didn't work. you just need the content id, that's it.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it requires the official orbis apps though, so just drag and drop psdlc into the orbis folder root. downloading content no longer works, so I only keep it to unlock themes, which people have requested from me.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you guys heard anything on sony rolling back to 8.52 and replacing dead consoles from 9.00? kind of PR suicide if they do not replaced bricked consoles because of their mistake

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
1632772484718.png

i found some omsk discs but can i play these discs without being on idu mode?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idu is just kiosk mode. I'm assuming those are demo discs for some games that were playable at walmart and gamestop kiosks. I don't know what will happen if you try playing them on stock.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lilalex , I don't know for sure, but I think kiosk games have to be resigned, at least with the ps3. kiosk systems are called SEX. there's CEX, which is retail, DEX which is debug, SEX which is kiosk (I think), and GEX, which is arcade. I'm assuming the same is true about the ps4.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    "very dark scenes are more common than very bright scenes" not in the games i play
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    really have to buy the top end model to get a tv that doesnt have any of those compromises and that would've had more dimming zones too but i am not made o money
    Gift
    @Julie_Pilgrim "very bright" is essentially pure white
    Gift
    pure white doesn't show up all that much it's mainly when looking at a bright sky
    Gift
    and if the clouds in the sky have slightly less definition to them because i turned on the contrast enhancer who cares
    Gift
    that's not important
    Gift
    i can't tell the difference
    Gift
    but i can certainly tell the difference with black crush if i'm watching a scifi movie and i can't see wtf is going on
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Human vision is logarithmic, it's not linear. And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness. OLED'S look brighter then LCD's even when both are set to the same nit values because of the higher contrast ratio on OLED's
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's have a 3D look
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Charging port is more likely to fry up or battery fail before the display tbh lol
    Gift
    "And nits doesn't tell the whole story of perceived brightness" it's not about perceived brightness it's about all HDR content in TV and movies being mastered for 1000 nits so it doesn't look right with anything lower, it's also about dynamic range
    Gift
    "OLED's have a 3D look" no they don't lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    As an owner of a OLED and you saying that you never seen an OLED I think I know what I'm talking about lol. I'm not talking about 3D as in 3D glasses. I'm talking about depth and pop in the picture
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I mean to be fair og vitas are still kicking and not many have suffered from pixel bleed and they're going on nearly 10 years
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    OLED's can get away with a lower peak brightness and still provide punchy HDR because of their contrast ratio. Like I said human vision is logarithmic. The higher the peak brightness the diminishing returns in perceived brightness.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Just get 5 years enjoyment out of it until Nintendy releases something and everyone forgets about switch games lol
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    @The Real Jdbye Oleds hit around 750 nits nowadays. The difference between a 1000 nit and a 750 nit isn't huge. It's only about a 4% increase in perceived brightness. Not huge at all. You'll need at least 2000 nit displays to notice a bigger difference.
    Gift
  • SG854 @ SG854:
    Read this thread it explains it. 1000 nits is not a huge jump from 750 the LG OLEDs can hit. As I said human vision is non linear.
    +2
    Gift
  • Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Not exactly 3D but the colors does pops out more
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    I just want a true dark mode theme
    for OLED Switch
    Gift
    yeah honestly i hate how the only two switch theme options are blinding holy light of god or grey
    Gift
  • El_Doot @ El_Doot:
    Kill eyes OR bore eyes to death
    +1
    Gift
    switch dark mode is ok i just wish it was a bit darker
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: switch dark mode is ok i just wish it was a bit darker