1. Mikep90

Mikep90 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is that a modded one of the one you did already wtih the changes on quick. If so i would like to get a copy of that release if i could please

2. FLRIZDARKK

FLRIZDARKK Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
  3. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Typical... interesting concept, relatively pointless though. Only benefit is installing legit update pkgs to your legit games.

4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
  5. FLRIZDARKK

Newcomer

Romania
    Technically everything retail pkg can be installed, so if you still have disc/license you can just install the full game/updates/themes without ever needing the exploit. Also the fixed it rn

6. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Trust me I am all about rest mode but I've had some terrible luck. My PS4 started crashing when I change users, it worked before. It crashes when I use Remote Package Installer (although I did figure out you have to stay on the Remote Package Installer screen, this was not the case on 6.72) and half the time I use rest mode itself it crashes. I'm not doing the exploit over and over because I want to but because I have no choice. I have been trying all morning and can't get the exploit to work, yesterday it worked fairly well. It's completely unpredictable.

Last edited by JustJay, Apr 22, 2021
    Leeful likes this.
  7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I did get a kernel panic when I came back from rest mode yesterday. the ps4 turned on from rest mode, but I got no video, so I flipped the toggle switch. it came back up no problem, so I just shut down the system after I got back to the home menu. I don't really play the system, so I don't really need to be in rest mode. I don't get 90% reliability with 5.05. I get more like 75%. it's never kp'd more than once in a row though, at least that I can recall from exploiting it for years.

Leeful likes this.
  8. JustJay

United States
    5.05 is the best, it gets worse the higher up you go. My 6.72 is solid, but my 7.51 is terrible. Hopefully one day 7.5x will be like the lower firmwares.

9. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    @KiiWii , @Leeful do you know how pkgs work? you can get the icon0.png and param.sfo/etc. from even an official pkg, so I'm wondering if that's due to being able to extract those files without a passcode via orbis-chk. with liborbispkg, it encrypts two main things: inner and outer pfs. I wonder if one of those is sc0 and the other image0. I think image0 is the main game, but some things are in sc0 such as trophies. I think sc0 is all files in the sce_sys folder, but image0 seems to have some as well. it's very confusing.

10. FLRIZDARKK

Newcomer

Romania
    sce_sys is unecrypted cuz it contains files for the system to read before installing, so it wouldn't all override each thing you install

godreborn likes this.
  11. JustJay

United States
    I wonder if PS4s can develop some sort of memory issue I've been trying to do the exploit on 7.51 for 4-5 hours and won't work even once and not only that it won't remember my Wifi settings which it usually does when I turn wifi back on. I'm fully aware 7.51 is not stable but I don't see people saying they go this long only 4 or 5 tries.

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the entire folder? is that part of sc0 (is this the unencrypted partition)? whenever you build a pkg, it only shows image0 where you can drag and drop things including the sce_sys folder.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

is right.sprx supposed to be fself'd? I don't know what that file is supposed to be for. it's in the about folder in sce_sys. it's obviously unfself'd if this bat worked. here's the patch for strider from a dump:

upload_2021-4-22_10-48-54.png

13. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    My 7.55 Slim runs very good with the user guide package from @Prb (GoldHEN 1.1).
    The Slim is now almost 14 days up and running, restmode resumes without a hitch, it's rock-stable for me.
    Fan payload worked and remote pkg sender works really fine too.

Ofc the webkit exploit is a bit annoying and sometimes it KP during payload loading too, but as long restmode works, idc.
    Haven't booted my 6.72 Pro since GoldHEN for 7.55 is out, in order to avoid the backports^^

Last edited by susi91, Apr 22, 2021
    Prb likes this.
  14. FLRIZDARKK

Newcomer

Romania
    Yes sce_sys is Sc0, i
    The sc0 is just recognized by orbis-pub-chk. When making a package, at least FPGK, sce_sys is the sc0 technically. All the unecrypted files are the sce_sys folder

godreborn likes this.
  15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm assuming that it's outer pfs, then inner pfs is image0. the only time I've seen that is with liborbispkg.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

what is confusing is that sce_sys is part of image0 when dropping files into orbis or liborbispkg editor.

16. FLRIZDARKK

Newcomer

Romania
    I think its handled by the pkg creation. Sce_sys still goes in Image0, but most likely when pkg is created, it automatically makes that folder unecrypted and the rest encrypted/passcode protected

17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    this is what doesn't make sense to me:

upload_2021-4-22_11-1-31.png

upload_2021-4-22_11-2-0.png

it looks like some of sce_sys is still a part of image0. I think sc0 is what's read with things like pkg viewer (unencrypted). both image0 and sc0 have the trophy folder, but only sc0 contains the trophy file itself, along with param.sfo and icon0.png. however, image0 contains right.sprx from the sce_sys/about folder.

18. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    There is an RSA’d sector and then there is the PFS sector. @godreborn

godreborn likes this.
  19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    is sc0 the rsa sector?

KiiWii likes this.
  20. KiiWii