• Replies 17,269
  • Likes 172

TgS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
Just found a PS4 Pro brand new never opened from December 2017. Was 4.05 OFW. Slapped a 2TB Firecuda, went straight to 7.02 & ready for 7.55. Gonna enjoy me some Street Fighter V.
No, you might not want to use Firecuda. I had 2 of them got corrupted by kernel panic and finally had to get a Barracuda instead (as good and fast as Firecuda). Change it before u ve made process into story games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yo guys, I m wondering if this preactivated psn profile, "201807092118_00 - PS4 Hacked (5.05) v2 UK" works on 6.72. If not, why?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you might not want to use Firecuda. I had 2 of them got corrupted by kernel panic and finally had to get a Barracuda instead (as good and fast as Firecuda). Change it before u ve made process into story games.

Yo guys, I m wondering if this preactivated psn profile, "201807092118_00 - PS4 Hacked (5.05) v2 UK" works on 6.72. If not, why?

Been using Firecuda with PS4s for years with 0 issues.

Last edited by HollowGrams,

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the 7.55 jb looking like something you'll have to keep trying for 10-20 minutes every time you want to turn your PS4 on?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was 6.72 and 7.02 like that at first too? Or will this one be uniquely likely to be annoying? Seems like when I see people on 7.02 now on youtube they can get the jb within about 3 minutes or so.
The higher the firmware, the more difficult it seems to get working.

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That 10-20 minutes can be one time though, if you use rest mode.

Does rest mode work well beyond 6.72? I thought I read you can only do it once between power cycles on 7.02. Sorry for all the noob questions.

The higher the firmware, the more difficult it seems to get working.

Do you think this is likely to develop into something not too much of a pain to use? Eg something where I could jb and load HEN within ~3 minutes on average in every power cycle in the not too distant future? (say 3 months).

I have bought almost every US game I want to play on PS4 and would be using the jb to get free JP versions of those games since I'm learning Japanese right now, but if we're talking 5-10 minutes or more to apply the hack every time I want to use the system months from now that sounds like a really steep price IMO, might just default to Steam and Switch for playing games in JP. Ugh so frustrating that Playstation games don't allow you to play in both English and Japanese outside of the very occasional exception (NieR Automata is the only one I have found so far). Wouldn't even dream of hacking the system if it offered that. * sigh *

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/sHRyKpx