• Views 2,468,542
  • Replies 17,280
  • Likes 172

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
under that disclosure agreement with hackerone, hackers can divulge the exploit, but only after a reasonable time has passed since finding it. theflow never divulged what his second exploit was. it could've been to 8.xx firmware. all I know is that he got another ten grand for it.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
under that disclosure agreement with hackerone, hackers can divulge the exploit, but only after a reasonable time has passed since finding it. theflow never divulged what his second exploit was. it could've been to 8.xx firmware. all I know is that he got another ten grand for it.
well i can just wait ...

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he never divulged what that second exploit was, because Gregory Rasputin pissed him off. he even posted a tweet about the posting on playstationhax.com where Rasputin accused theflow of selling his soul for disclosing the exploit to sony.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
he never divulged what that second exploit was, because Gregory Rasputin pissed him off. he even posted a tweet about the posting on playstationhax.com where Rasputin accused theflow of selling his soul for disclosing the exploit to sony.
damn and now hes pissed?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've known rasputin since even before the ps3 scene. I met him on usenet, nzbmatrix to be exact. we had a falling out on ps3hax.com where he added "butt hurt" to my tutorials for the ps3, then banned me after I got into a fight with staff. we managed to patch things up later, but I can understand how he's not everyone's cup of tea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

he says and does a lot of things without thinking, so I'm surprised so many people like him. a lot of devs don't. he even banned deank of multiman on ps3hax for thinking he was on cobra's payroll.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there will be. I don't know who's working on a public exploit though. there was a public webkit when theflow found that kernel exploit. he used a kernel dump of 7.02 from a friend to test if it worked, which it did.

btw, that webkit exploit works on 7.55 iirc, possibly even as high as 8.xx. we just need a kernel exploit for you to get on board.

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure there will be. I don't know who's working on a public exploit though. there was a public webkit when theflow found that kernel exploit. he used a kernel dump of 7.02 from a friend to test if it worked, which it did.

btw, that webkit exploit works on 7.55 iirc, possibly even as high as 8.xx. we just need a kernel exploit for you to get on board.
kernel exploit huh?
i know that it takes time for a kernel exploit
but hey at least theres a chance

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what theflow provided. we didn't until recently have a webkit exploit. a kernel exploit is usually harder to find though, which is amazing that theflow found the 7.02 one in three days.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that leaving a usb device plugged in can cause the exploit to fail, but does that include an extended storage? and, can extended storage be plugged in while the system is on? I heard that it can be, but I'd like confirmation. I usually leave extended storage plugged in as well as another usb flash drive for quick access. I don't usually have kernel panics, but I'm also on 5.05. I know that the system will kp most often when deploying lots of payloads at once or over an extended time.

Reactions: KiiWii

YuBobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm on 6.72 with 4TB USB HDD connected. No KPs for months and it is on rest mode when not in use.
Stable as rock.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: schatzi24

YuBobster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I do have power shortages sometimes and have to exploit again. No problems with latest HEN, it works on first try.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

phonemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I know that leaving a usb device plugged in can cause the exploit to fail, but does that include an extended storage? and, can extended storage be plugged in while the system is on? I heard that it can be, but I'd like confirmation. I usually leave extended storage plugged in as well as another usb flash drive for quick access. I don't usually have kernel panics, but I'm also on 5.05. I know that the system will kp most often when deploying lots of payloads at once or over an extended time.

Extended storage in the right USB slot never fails for me.

External battery controller being charged in the left USB slot cause a KP every time.

F/W 7.02

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HelloShitty @ HelloShitty: Hello