• Replies 17,243
  • Likes 172

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nooo. WTF. ;)
I guess I've to buy a bigger HDD, some new (6.72 to 7.02) game dumps incoming . :P

Btw, I'm curious about the downport patches, is a patch for 5.05 fine or will we get patches for 5.05 and 6.72... lol

possibly, but I think it's more likely 7.02 games won't work on 5.05 kinda like how some games can't be backported from 6.72. it's dependent on the sdk that was used. I have a feeling final fantasy vii remake won't work, and that's about the only game I care about.

Reactions: susi91

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has there been any improvement to 6.72? what are the downfalls compared to 5.05 besides loading the jailbreak? Are there more panics? shut downs? or glitches? Just wondering cause i am on 5.05 and the kids really want a few new games.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has there been any improvement to 6.72? what are the downfalls compared to 5.05 besides loading the jailbreak? Are there more panics? shut downs? or glitches? Just wondering cause i am on 5.05 and the kids really want a few new games.

afaik, kp are more prevalent. you can play the majority of 6.72 games with backports, but that's not to say you won't have any issues with them. out of 25 games, about 2 games I couldn't backport (control and ghostbusters), and there's 7-10 updates I couldn't backport either. the games would crash. I didn't go beyond the title screen to these games though, so who knows.

Reactions: KiiWii

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Holes? Weird.

Or do you mean scratches?

Get the disc resurfaced.
6pyqqearc5561.png

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii
do we know if 7.02 is fundamentally flawed like 6.72? I think i am saying that right!
As you say we know 6.72 is flawed and therefore it crashes even after successful exploit. It’s possible it’s a system level thing that cannot be worked around unless there is an alternate exploit chain or possibly cleaner code. 7.02 is the same deal afaik. 10% is day one (which is good for day one) but it’s gonna take a while to get to 6.72’s “stability”... let’s give it time :)

phonemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Quick question, what's the best format to use for USB external, I use Linux and Win. NTFS is poor slow on Linux and FAT32 has restrictions. exFat is mentioned, but doesn't this suffer from corruption issues?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, what's the best format to use for USB external, I use Linux and Win. NTFS is poor slow on Linux and FAT32 has restrictions. exFat is mentioned, but doesn't this suffer from corruption issues?
If you format for extended storage on the PS4 it does it all itself.

Reactions: phonemonkey
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Good job Sony store lag