1. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @susi91 yeah....i had the problem earlier and struggled a lot to fix it. lost all my original content i had bought from psn. but there wasnt a comprehensive video to get the issue fixed. thought i might make it so that others dont suffer my fate. losing all those games was very depressing. but no worries i found most of the fpkgs for the same. just want an fpkg for the playroom where your astrobots play as ninjas. its called ninja run or something........i dont remember. but my kid misses that game very much.

KiiWii and susi91 like this.
  2. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    well shit

vivekanand likes this.
  3. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

wait so this just happens to 6.72 or the other ones ?

vivekanand likes this.
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    it happens with all of them. kernel panics are supposed to be less common on 5.05, but I've experienced them before.

vivekanand, lilalex and KiiWii like this.
  5. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    It’s far less common than on 6.72.... I also remember 4.05/4.50 being more stable than 5.05 too.

6. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    hi there everyone. is it possible to replace the cmos battery of the ps4 system at home? i am just an average joe having some knowledge of electrical and electronics and minimal skills required to service systems gaming consoles. i have some experience replacing hdds and bluray drives on my ps3 and ps4. but beyond that i have never opened my console.

7. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    there is a video tutorial here

seems quite straight forward.

peteruk and vivekanand like this.
  8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    that's my main problem with the ps4 exploits. it's hard to enjoy the system and its exploits with the fear that the system could crash at any time. I know it's less likely for it to crash while it's been on, but I've heard of it happening (especially on 6.72). I can't imagine playing for four hours, without saving, then bam: crash!

9. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

i had this problem on the ps3 oh my god sometimes a open the game just a black screen
    when i turn on hen it crashes and it showed (failed rebooting!)
    but still it was not bad
    but for the ps4 idk

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    hmm...didn't know it happened on the ps3's hen as well. I've always been using cfw.

11. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

i used hen well i guess its a kernel panic?
    i dont' know

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    a kernel panic is when the system just shuts off. it then has to check the storage devices for errors. there have been two reports of it destroying the hdd.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I think a lot of people who are looking for exploitable systems don't realize how much of a pain it is. they often think it's like a cfw ps3 when it's nothing like that, believe me. you can't use official pkgs (unless dumping the game which requires a license), you need the base pkg to make an update pkg or remarry it if it comes from a different source (even if it's the same game, same system. it has to be the same dump), the only way to dump dlc or themes is via ftp, official saves don't work unless you inject the keystone, kernel panics, memory errors, etc. the list just goes on and on. if you can deal with that, then I'd say get an exploitable ps4, just don't think it's anything like a ps3 or even a vita despite using the same sort of security. it's mostly something you have to get used to. you're only bypassing the security, letting the system do most of the work with keys and whatnot, so it's not technically a jailbreak, which implies the security is defeated.

lilalex and melongun like this.
  13. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

i think this happend to me before but the ps3 i downloaded the webman and it did a reset and i saw the green light on the ps3 turned into red and yellow in same time and don't get me started with failed downloads sometimes i download a game it says error
    and i had an external drive on my ps3 evertime when i want to put a game in it i must restart and restart and again and again
    i opend a game boom it turnes off with no green light it

godreborn likes this.
  14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    a good example of how frustrating it can be is themes. I try to help people with dumping themes, people who don't own an exploitable system, so I have to first rename the theme to its content id (makes it easier to make a fix pkg), then use that with psdlc in its manual section to create a fix pkg (pkg name can be the same as it doesn't matter, but it will keep things sorted. all fixed secondary pkgs are 128KBs, so you'll know if it did it correctly based on size), then enable hen on the ps4, install pkg, first full pkg, then fix, then full pkg again (I think you might be able to install the fix first, but I know this method has always worked for me), install the theme from the themes' section, then deploy the vtx ftp payload, go to mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/ (it might be addcont as well as a weird folder name; can't recall folders offhand), ftp over the ac folder (not the nest one), then go into the user folder to get the appmeta/addcont/theme id/content id to get the icon0.png or else a fixed, single pkg will error yet still install. you don't have to redo the hen part, but you have to redeploy the ftp payload after every theme install. multiple deployed payloads has been known to cause a kernel panic, but I've never encountered one with the vtx ftp payload. I have with normal hen though. I do this like 15 times to get all themes decrypted. it's not a hard process, but it is time-consuming, and it's easy to make a mistake if you go to fast. it takes about an hour to dump that many themes. dlc is dumped in the same way (note: this is just dumping, not making a fixed, single pkg which I did write a tutorial on). there are several more steps afterwards to do that.

nothing with the ps4 is particularly hard (except maybe downgrading), but there is a steep learning curve to a lot of it.

I may have the folders wrong, but they're correct in my tutorial. it becomes second-nature after a while, so you don't even pay attention. I made a single, fixed pkg using my tutorial (went back through it after writing it) to the letter. no issues. that's usually what I do with my tutorials to make sure I didn't leave anything out.

lilalex likes this.
  15. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

i don't know why even today when i turned on webman on the ps3 it turned it got so loud i was confused why it did that:wacko:

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I've heard of that issue, but I'm not sure if anyone knows what causes it. I've never personally had this problem, but I'm on cfw with a 2501 system (if sku matters).

btw, I forgot to mention that with themes/dlc, I have to get out my sandisk connect, turn it on, then connect my pc to the signal in order to bridge the ftp connection between the ps4 and my laptop. not hard, but sometimes irritating, because it takes a few moments for it to detect the signal. I never have to turn off the internet or anything on the ps4 though, so it's not too bad. my ps4 never connects to sony that way.

lilalex likes this.
  17. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

so is the ps4 bad with jailbreak?

18. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    it's a pain, but it's usable if you can deal with all the restrictions. I just mean don't expect it to be open like ps3 cfw. it's nothing like that.

lilalex likes this.
  19. lilalex

lilalex GBAtemp Fan

dude at least i can play games that all i need

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    yeah, you can do that. I'd suggest dumping your games just to get the keystone or finding dumps with the keystone included. a lot of the time they won't tell you. saving with a fake pkg game is okay and doesn't matter with the keystone, but using your original saves requires the original keystone or else the save will come up corrupted.

dumping games and patches is much easier than themes or dlc as there's a payload that will dump them to a usb stick. the system will shutdown once the dump is complete, so you don't have to watch it like some things with the ps4.

lilalex likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide