Tutorial [AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide

• Thread starter KiiWii
  • Start date
  • Views 2,464,158
  • Replies 17,269
  • Likes 172
D

Deleted User

Yeah I was on a game site renting digital PS4 games and buying game shares years ago and still do occasionally.

Wonder if PS5 will have this have they said?

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a lot of things in the ps4 scene are kept private. I believe the exploit theflow found for 6.72 (for example) had already been discovered, just not disclosed to sony or the public. so, you can either have no disclosure whatsoever or a patched exploit with full disclosure. that's why I don't think hackerone is a bad thing.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI beat saber is dumped and working ;) [CUSA12878] Bundled with update [1.31]

Reminder: we cannot share dumped files or games here.

that might be one of those games that was bundled deliberately since the master version isn't V0100. I noticed that on the dark site, but if you change the gp4 to accept the update by renaming the file, you can create a package. I installed every base package and update this way. all four games like that were psn titles. I tested the games, and I encountered no problem doing it this way. I even inserted saves to a couple, also no problems. it's some sort of bug with orbis that only happens with games that have patches, but are not the first master version.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thx for the reply, but I think they were referring to a Beat Saber dump, not an exploit (I know sharing dumps is not allowed, I just didn't understood what they meant the dump was being kept "private")

I'm not sure why that dump was kept private, but the above post refers to @KiiWii 's beat saber post (i.e. why it's bundled together update and game). you just have to change the config file to merge both together, though it's not recommended unless you have to.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason it’s private is because someone doesn’t want it public yet, due to how it was obtained. Wether that’s a higher kex method, or a tweak/data passcode way we aren’t sure yet.

This is all conjecture, but one thing is for sure: it works :)

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure of the reasoning for keeping things secret, but it does happen in every scene. it's just not as prevalent as the ps4 one. maybe they don't want sony to patch some loophole?

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those numbers are frustrating. the app.db has a bunch of numbers with it as well, which I have no idea of their meaning. the app.db on the vita isn't like that. it's pretty straight forward, though it does have weird numbers as well. you can usually figure out their meaning.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

those numbers were probably derived from an sdk rather than a hacker figuring them out. I've been told that that's how most error codes are determined as well, the sdk has info on them.

Adam512

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
The reason it’s private is because someone doesn’t want it public yet, due to how it was obtained. Wether that’s a higher kex method, or a tweak/data passcode way we aren’t sure yet.

This is all conjecture, but one thing is for sure: it works :)

Because "kex" for PS5 in first day :wub: (i hope, in private of course)... when it's been so long private, it's better to wait some time before we thoroughly examine the PS5.B-)

Last edited by Adam512,

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because "kex" for PS5 in first day :wub: (i hope, in private of course)... when it's been so long private, it's better to wait some time before we thoroughly examine the PS5.B-)

that doesn't look good. sony joined hackerone to squash first day exploits asap. then, of course, what they say about having to update to play ps4 games seems to be true. I don't know if that means to use the system's improvements over the ps4 (sony has said that this is indeed needed on a consistent basis) or if it's just playing ps4 games in general (seems like something sony would do just to insure someone doesn't use the ps5 to play ps4 games until an exploit is released).

lilalex

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
that doesn't look good. sony joined hackerone to squash first day exploits asap. then, of course, what they say about having to update to play ps4 games seems to be true. I don't know if that means to use the system's improvements over the ps4 (sony has said that this is indeed needed on a consistent basis) or if it's just playing ps4 games in general (seems like something sony would do just to insure someone doesn't use the ps5 to play ps4 games until an exploit is released).
there goes the exploits

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if there's going to be much interest in releasing exploits for the ps5, not after theflow quit and the reasoning behind it. I've seen some postings where people call the hackers lazy, because nothing is released. if I were them, I'd say fuck the scene, find exploit, and keep it in my circle of friends.

Reactions: ChaosEternal

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@KiiWii , do you know which games have 6.72 on disc? I was trying to help someone earlier who said that their usb ports are bad, and they're trying to update. your firmware checker -- is there a way to look up 6.72 specifically or is it always a range?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@KiiWii , do you know which games have 6.72 on disc? I was trying to help someone earlier who said that their usb ports are bad, and they're trying to update. your firmware checker -- is there a way to look up 6.72 specifically or is it always a range?

I have a method upcoming based on PSN releases specifically. Discs are similar FW unless the release was significantly after the PSN release.

If you search OFW702 for example in my database you’ll find I have populated 7.55/7.50/7.02/7.00 already ;)

I’m working through 6.72 currently.

Reactions: godreborn
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Asks a neighbor to pick me up some gaterade brings back powerade