1. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    FYI: The 5.05 to 6.72 update via nobd worked perfectly.

If anyone else needs the files let me know.

GabbasNK likes this.
  2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    @KiiWii , when you dump themes (possibly dlc too), I don't believe you need the nested folder. from what I remember, there are two -ac folders; the nested one seems to be related to pfs. I haven't been backing it up = no issues.

also, the thing about dumping the ac into image0, when building a theme package, is worded in a way that implies you should dump the ac folder itself instead of the content. this will result in a param.sfo not found error when building the package. someone else had that same problem or was confused by that, like I was when I did my first theme.

KiiWii likes this.
  3. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

Is it safe to use ApptoUSB to Backup FPKG games from PS4? I canceled the copying process because it said it will modify the file system on the PS4. The data transfer though USB seems faster than FTP for me, which is only 3mbps max.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    If you use App2usb it will create a symlink and store the fpkg app.pkg on the external HDD, it is safe to use but more annoying than extended storage.

janangelogbatemp likes this.
  5. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

Is it possible to connect the LAN cable directly to PS4 from Laptop without a router to copy fpkg games through FTP?

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You won't be able to access the internal HDD like an usb device, that why you need an alternative way to copy/transfer files like FTP, Remote Package installer etc.

7. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    afaik (haven't done it, since I use extended storage), yes. if you want to install quickly to an external hdd (possibly internal), you can connect an ethernet cable between the system and the pc, then use remote installer.

8. GabbasNK

GabbasNK Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Please, can i take this files for update my ps4 5.05 nobd?

KiiWii likes this.
  9. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

How do I know PS4 HotSpot password pls? Is it safe to use FANCONTROL? Once I enabled FANCONTROL, is there a way to return it back to normal?

10. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    PS4hotspot password? On an ESP? Default pass is normally ‘12345678’.

for fan control, just turn off your console and unplug. Guarantees you’ll turn the system back on at default.

janangelogbatemp and peteruk like this.
  11. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

Thank you KiiWii, the passcode didn't work. I'm trying the remote offline play to work by using the hotspot of the laptop and PS4 connected to each other since my laptop doesn't have a LAN port to connect directly to PS4 and I cannot use the router because it will slow down the internet. Will that work? Right now, I'm currently using the Hotspot of Android phone to remote play offline, but it drains the battery.

Is it possible for PS4 Xplorer 1.25 to backup FPKG's, game saves, etc, instead of using FTP?

I noticed the game can be controlled with the Laptop's keyboard. Do you have a link of the keyboard controls to control the game? Can this be remap?

Is it safe to set the FANCONTROL at 40 degrees, and leave it there for long hours while playing a game?

Last edited by janangelogbatemp, Oct 22, 2020
  12. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @janangelogbatemp whoa whoa slow down...

If you’re hosting to a hotspot in YOUR devices then YOU make the password lol. You should know it.

Yes you can use xplorer, but Lapy also has pkg extractor.

Which game? Only certain games support keyboard, such as COD games and Fortnight etc (no fortnite is not playable on KEX firmware, it’s just an example).

if you had a Gamesir Aimswitch or similar you could use KB and mouse on more games.

13. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    you can probably backup game packages using xplorer (never used the app myself), but saves are a little more complicated. you'd be backing up saves with pfs enabled, which is the main security of the ps4. whenever you backup saves, it's best to have the system strip it of pfs, since we don't have the keys. that way, we can change accounts or even use them on the same account without worry. I believe you can still use them on the same account (if pfs is enabled). I think I tried it once, and it did in fact work. loading the save would probably mount it, but it's unwise to back up the save while it's mounted. if something goes wrong, you could have a pfs issue requiring a rebuilding of the database.

I don't know what the normal temperature for the ps4 is, but by comparison, the ps3 usually runs in the 60s-70s without fan control, so that does sound pretty damn low. I bet your computer even runs quite a bit hotter than that.

14. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    another option I just thought of is to use the built in save exporting tool for saves. your account must be activated though, which can be done with account activator (use save mounter payload to deploy debug.bin). if it's already activated, export your saves, so if your account gets banned or something you can just temporarily switch to that old account, import the saves, then use save mounter to resign them to another account.

15. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

I tried to install the PS4 "That's you" app, and it didn't appear on homescreen. Should convert it to FPKG? When I downloaded the app there are no additional files, only the PKG file. It said on the website that it's compatible to 5.05.

16. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I'm not familiar with that. do you have a screenshot of the files? you may have to look at the param.sfo to have an indication where it installed to.

17. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

This is the only file EP9000-CUSA08389_00-1705161243TYM1E2-A0105-V0100.pkg

18. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    that would appear to be an update file, do you have the base pkg? I've never tried installing an update without the base pkg.

19. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

It was an update file? It's the only file provided. It's 3GB in size.

20. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    yes, I believe so. A0105 is the indicator. that's its app version. the master version or V0100 is the first release of the title, so it's first release, version 1.05. that's how you read the end of the pkg name.

KiiWii and janangelogbatemp like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide