1. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

How to delete DLC?
    Should I use Mirna or Add Content Manager - Entitlement control? Which one is safer? Is there a way to do this via FTP?
    Do you have a tutorial link for the debug settings?

Last edited by janangelogbatemp, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:25 AM
  2. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    you may be able to delete it in system settings. I've never actually just deleted a dlc, but game, update, and dlc are tied together, so you could delete it by deleting the game if that option doesn't exist. if you were to delete the content manually, it would still be in the addcont.db, so you have to go through official channels or you could cause a problem without rebuilding the database.

janangelogbatemp likes this.
  3. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

Thanks godreborn and all! You help us save a lot of money! Is it recommended to use an update blocker? If so, should I use Update Disabler or Blocker extreme? I read from a site that the blocker extreme will move a certificate file from the PS4, and getting it back will have to format the HDD.
    Do I have to launch update blocker every time the console is booted?
    With this new exploit, do I still have to backport new PS4 games?

Last edited by janangelogbatemp, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:56 AM
  4. janangelogbatemp

Newcomer

My console turned itself off when backing up save data using official method. What happened?

5. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
  6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I wouldn't use blocker extreme. I did that at first, and it created some files on the usb flash drive as well. there's a disabler in xproject for it, so if you enabled, just to disable it from there (no need to format). update blocker really isn't needed all that much unless you use ftp, since you can run exploit, cache, then disable internet. if you do use ftp a lot, I'd suggest going completely offline. you only have to launch update blocker once, then it's permanent. formatting will delete it, but there's also a disabler for the normal blocker, so there's no need to do that.

if you mean 6.72, it's suggested that you don't use backports. backports have known issues, and I think some even crash later in the game.

possibly a kernel panic. though, the only time I've seen my system panic is when I've just deployed a payload or after several payloads having been deployed, then turning the system off. turning the system back on wouldn't work with the controller then, so I have to do so manually. that's happened when dumping that 30+ themes that I've been doing. however, I've heard of kernel panics while in game, so I wouldn't worry about it. the correct procedure, afaik, is to turn the system on, then shut down twice to refresh the memory after a kernel panic. I believe @Leeful mentioned that in one of this posts.

janangelogbatemp likes this.
  7. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
  8. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Barbados
    Last edited by danfozzy85, Oct 19, 2020 at 9:58 PM
  9. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
  10. RathX

RathX Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    @KiiWii Do you know any way of updating from 5.05 to 6.72 with the noBD method?

11. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
  12. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I will ask around see if there is a verified way.

13. chrisrlink

United States
    or at least from progressing

14. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Believe there was only one for 6.20 not 5.05 to 6.72 with nobd.

15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States

and, to think that the scene sites are even still cordial to rasputin, who's the one who pissed him off. he banned both me and deank from ps3hax back in the day, deank for having mm only run for cobra and me for getting into a fight with him. if it were me, I'd release nothing.

danfozzy85 likes this.
  16. chrisrlink

United States
    it wasn't directed to you more those entitled people who just rather pirate newer games

godreborn likes this.
  17. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Yes there is a way, I’ll DM you as it’s a discord kind of thing ;)

18. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I wasn't thinking that. I have my ps4 exploited atm, but I never play any games on it. it doesn't matter to me if he releases a new exploit, but I can say as one who's experienced it, the more you get involved in a scene, the more certain things about it piss you off. there are people in these scenes who are praised, and they only care about efame. they bank on the fact that no one reads anything (i.e. fixes or backports) like they're actually hacking something when they're just using freely available knowledge. those are the worst people in the scene imo. I call them out as much as I can, yet I'm seen as the bad guy.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@KiiWii does that update with nobd have something to do with the hdd? I'm kinda remembering something @Leeful said that implied that it's a patch to the hdd to allow it.

no bd on the ps3 involves a upl.xml edit (editing out the installs) and six patches to lve2 and 1. maybe it's easier on the ps4, because afaik, we don't have access that high on the chain.

KiiWii likes this.
  19. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @godreborn seems to be the same method as before, just restricted to allowing 6.72 or 7.02 pup in the process.

20. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    here's the ps3's upl.xml (taken from rebug 4.86.1 lite):

upload_2020-10-19_16-38-36.png

you have to delete the package install section, then patch 1/2 like you would with a normal patch to make nobd or even nobt firmware.

at first, I thought it was just a upl edit, but you have to patch lv1/2 to ignore installation. even more seems to be involved with the ps4 and its hdd than even the ps3. I think devwiki mentions 14 or 15 partitions. I had to make each unallocated memory when I hooked mine up to my sata station. I didn't count them, but there were many (probably more than 10).

I think you can get the patches manually from mfw, which uses tasks called .tcl, which is basically looking for one byte at a time. I've messed with it some like remove entire columns of stuff, which is actually better in the rco xml. from what I remember, using the mfw patch (the one byte one), it causes an ugly empty space on the xmb that you can scroll over. the rco xml edit doesn't.

here's an example of how tcl does it: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Patches#Retail.2FCEX_.2B_Shop.2FSEX

the slash indicates the separation of a byte. that's how mfw patches content and possibly the only way afaik, so you can use its patches to do things manually. that's how I did the above patch, which doesn't work very well.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide